Sign in to follow this  
He Who Shall Not Be Named

Giants

OK, this is a thread about the San Francisco Giants who are in their first World Series ever! Vic makes posts about football and hockey, now it's baseball's turn.

Edit: OK, I was wrong. They played the Oakland A's in the 1989 World Series. I was in the army at the time so I couldn't enjoy it as much even though both my teams were playing each other. The series was interrupted by the Loma Prieta earthquake that occurred a few miles away and a few minutes before Game 3. They finally played Game 3 a week and a half later so it didn't quite feel like a true World Series.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

This is from AT&T Park during NCLS Game 5. And yes, that really is Steve Perry from Journey. He is a lifetime Giants fan. The video is especially effective if you play it LOUD! The event planners didn't know he was at the game.

The Giants beat the Philies 3-1 to move on to the World Series. Take that Corina!

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

It's weed. It's weed!

This video has become viral. I guess Texas doesn't have pot. Some of you know about Prop 19 which, if it passes (and this appears likely), will make marijuana legal in California. The videos are showing up for ads on both sides.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

Steve Perry serenades 43,000 fans again at World Series Game 2. This was the night of the infamous 9-0 butt-(I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)ing we gave the Rangers. Most of the runs were after the song.

That game is also memorable in that it gave "Walker, Texas Ranger" a new meaning in the 8th inning.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I'm also rooting for the Giants. I'm sick of seeing the Bush family in shots during the game. especially during game 4. They of course are Rangers fans.

The Giants have won 4 pennants in San Francisco, but not a World Championship (yet). They won 14 pennants and 5 World Championships as the New York Giants, before they moved to San Fransisco in 1958.

Go Giants!

Personally I think the series is practically over. Very few teams could come back and win games 5 - 7 especially without homefield advantage for 2 of them, and right now the Giants have the momentum. I give the Rangers 1 chance in 8 of even making it to game 7.

But I still want the Giants to get a respectable loss tonight! I sooo want to go to the home game that wins them the World Series. That is like a once in a lifetime thing.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

Its baseball...who really cares? Probably the lowest rated World Series in history.

I think DS9 was very prophetic.

Edited by Kor37