Sign in to follow this  
Vic

First Photo: Shatner As Ed Goodson

A detailed description of $#*! My Dad Says and a photo of William Shatner who plays the opinionated father have been released.

$#*! My Dad Says, which will air this fall on CBS on Thursdays from 8:30-9:00 PM, is based on a popular Twitter feed of Justin Halpern, who chronicles his father’s profane and often opinionated utterances.

ShatnerSMDS051810.gifEmmy Award winner Shatner plays Ed Goodson, “a forthright and opinionated dad who relishes expressing his unsolicited and often wildly politically incorrect observations to anyone within earshot.

“Nobody is immune from Ed’s rants, including his sons, Henry, a struggling writer-turned-unpaid blogger; and Vince (Will Sasso), the meek half of his husband/wife real estate duo with domineering Kathleen (Nicole Sullivan).

“When Henry finds he can no longer afford to pay rent to his pretty roommate — and secret admirer — Sam (Stephanie Lemelin), Ed reveals a soft spot and invites Henry to move in with him. Henry agrees, knowing that the verbal assault will not abate and now there will be no escape. Describing their father/son relationship is tricky – but Ed will easily come up with a few choice words.”

“Emmy Award winners David Kohan and Max Mutchnick are executive producers. Emmy Award winner James Burrows directed.”

View the full article

So they are basicly using it as filler between Survivor seasons.

Survivor was moved to Wednesdays. CBS does seemingly want SMDS to succeed or they wouldn't have paired it with The Big Bang Theory.

Survivor was moved to Wednesdays. CBS does seemingly want SMDS to succeed or they wouldn't have paired it with The Big Bang Theory.

I don't know if that's a good thing for Survivor or not. It started out on Wednesdays back in 2000 with it's first season but has been on Thursday ever since.

I'd hate to think that Survivor is being bumped for something like this show. I like Shatner and all but the whole concept of this show just doesn't appeal to me at all.

I don't know if that's a good thing for Survivor or not. It started out on Wednesdays back in 2000 with it's first season but has been on Thursday ever since.

I'd hate to think that Survivor is being bumped for something like this show. I like Shatner and all but the whole concept of this show just doesn't appeal to me at all.

I don't think Survivor is being bumped. That would imply that it was unsuccessful. Survivor is still a strong show for CBS. I think this is more about CBS trying to build a second strong comedy night. It hasn't panned out on Wednesday (and ABC has managed to do it in one season). So they've decided to try it on Thursday with one of their strongest shows (TBBT) and a show that complements it well (in the sense that a lot of people who like TBBT are probably apt to watch Shatner).

Well, they're putting Survivor up against American Idol so it's an iffy proposition.

Well, it won't go toe-to-toe with Idol until mid-season (and will probably have a not too difficult go of it before that point) and it's possible Idol is about to lose some of its' lustre with Cowell leaving. It may not seem like a lot but I honestly think it could be detrimental to the show. Seems like at least initially people tune in to see him to be a dick to the untalented contestants it's only after that initial phase that they get attached to a particular contestant. Not that I really care. I abhor Idol.

However, should SMDS bomb I'd expect Survivor will be restored to Thursday at 8. TBBT would then go back to Monday's at 9:30 (I don't expect 'Mike and Molly' to do much).

With all the TiVo's and other DVR's out there you have to wonder how much the day a show airs actually matters now. I'm sure the numbers are still fairly small compared to how many don't have them but there will come a day when it makes no difference when a show is actually aired.

In fact there could come a time when shows aren't aired, they're delivered directly to a TiVo type of device over night for the next day or people will oog in and download the shows that they want when they want them.