Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

Recommended Posts

Sir Patrick was on Jimmy Kimmel's show earlier (hosted by Pete Buttigieg this time) and played a Star Trek Trivia quiz:

IIMgTYz.jpg (x)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here are videos from Sir Patrick's Jimmy Kimmel Live appearance:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sir Patrick was on BBC's Front Row earlier, you can listen to it here.

Edited by Mr.Picard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, VaBeachGuy said:

@Mr.Picard, have you noticed the new Picard forum? 

I have. Just don't really have anything to add to it since I don't watch the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

I have. Just don't really have anything to add to it since I don't watch the show.

You don't? I thought for sure you would. Why don't you? I haven't either, not yet, anyway. I've read a few things about the first few episodes, but no specifics. Only that the people who wrote about them, liked them. 

I've intended on watching them, but just haven't gotten around to them yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, VaBeachGuy said:

You don't? I thought for sure you would. Why don't you? I haven't either, not yet, anyway. I've read a few things about the first few episodes, but no specifics. Only that the people who wrote about them, liked them. 

I've intended on watching them, but just haven't gotten around to them yet. 

I have personal reasons for not watching the show. I have to support it as a Sir Patrick fan because it's what he wants to do and I want for him to be happy, but on a personal level I can't bring myself to watch it (has nothing to do with the perceived quality of the show). So, I support it as a Sir Patrick fan, but that's about it. Not easy, to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

I have personal reasons for not watching the show. I have to support it as a Sir Patrick fan because it's what he wants to do and I want for him to be happy, but on a personal level I can't bring myself to watch it (has nothing to do with the perceived quality of the show). So, I support it as a Sir Patrick fan, but that's about it. Not easy, to say the least.

I kind of felt the same about the new generation of movies. I was excited when the first one came out, until I watched it. Then my enthusiasm died down. I wasn't happy with what they did. 

With "Picard", I was somewhat surprised that he agreed to do it. I seem to remember him saying that he was finished doing any Star Trek (I could be mistaken though). Still, I'm curious to see how it is and if it's done well. 

As a fan of his, if you ever do watch it, I'd be very interested in your opinions of whatever episodes of it that you watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 8:57 PM, VaBeachGuy said:

I kind of felt the same about the new generation of movies. I was excited when the first one came out, until I watched it. Then my enthusiasm died down. I wasn't happy with what they did. 

With "Picard", I was somewhat surprised that he agreed to do it. I seem to remember him saying that he was finished doing any Star Trek (I could be mistaken though). Still, I'm curious to see how it is and if it's done well. 

As a fan of his, if you ever do watch it, I'd be very interested in your opinions of whatever episodes of it that you watch. 

He only agreed to it because the original pitch for the show was so completely different from TNG. He'd turned every single other offer down for years because they were simple continuations of TNG. His biggest and most important criteria for his career nowadays is "have I done something like this before". If the answer to that is "no", chances are he's gonna be interested in the project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sir Patrick was on BBC's The One Show just now, and here's a little excerpt: Click Me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this