Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Favourite Quotes From Tng

I guess we'll have to start over so here I go:

My signature below is one of my favourite from The Measure of a Man.

"There are creatures in this universe who would consider you to be the ultimate achievement android. No feelings...no emotions...no pain and yet you covet those qualities of humanity. Believe me you're missing nothing. But if it means anything to you you're a better human than I."

Q to Data in Deja Q

"If you prink me do I not...leak"

Data to Picard in The Naked Now

Lal: I love you father.

Data: I wish I could feel it with you.

Lal: Then I will feel it for both of us.

The Offspring

"It brings a sense of order and stability to my universe to know that you're still a pompous *buttocks*...and a damn sexy man."

Phillipa Louvois to Picard in The Measure of a Man

"It's just that our mental pathways have grown accustomed to your sensory input patterns."

Riker to Data in Time's Arrow

To Admiral Haftel's claims that Data can not raise his child: I have to wonder how much experience Admiral Haftel had as a parent when his first child was born.

On becoming human as a result of Riker as Q: No. no...Yes sir, but I never wished to compound one...Illusion with another. It might be real to Q, but it would never be so to me. After all, was it not one of the captain's favourite authors who said "this above all, to thine own self be true"? I am sorry sir, but I must decline.

In answer to a question about the existence of heaven. "Do you think there is such a place?"

Yes...I do.

Whistling, "Pop Goes the Weasel",

I still cannot play that on my clarinet without thinking of Data, and smiling!

who said the last one, dsbs?

"It brings a sense of order and stability to my universe to know that you're still a pompous *buttocks*...and a damn sexy man."

of all the short term women in Picard's life...i liked her the best. She was cool and i loved the way seh said that. I can hear it so clearly in my head. IT was a good line!

I liked that conversation with Worf, where Data talks about taking a leap of faith and decided that he was a person. Can't quote it, but i sure did like it.

Another couple I love from Deja Q:

Q: Picard thinks I can't cut it on his starship. I can do anything his little trained minions can do.

Data: I do not perceive your skills to be in doubt, Q. The captain is merely concerned with your ability to successfully interact with "his little trained minions."

Q: It's hard to work in groups when your omnipotent.

who said the last one, dsbs?

of all the short term women in Picard's life...i liked her the best. She was cool and i loved the way seh said that. I can hear it so clearly in my head. IT was a good line!

I liked that conversation with Worf, where Data talks about taking a leap of faith and decided that he was a person. Can't quote it, but i sure did like it.

The last one was Data in thine own self.

That was from Rightful Heir wasn't it. The one where Worf was having doubts about Kahless' return, before they discovered he was a clone.

Here's one from The Schizoid Man that I love:

Data: Geordi may I ask you a question?

Geordi: You already did.

Data: True. Then can I ask you another question after this one.

Geordi: Sure.

Data: Why am I lying on the floor in this undignified position with the four of you looking at me like that?

“Growl for me! Show me you still care!” -- Q

"A warrior's drink." (Worf on prune juice.)

"That's quite right. And as I'm supposed to be dead, I'll go and get some sleep." -- Picard

“Let me get this straight. You want me to take off your head?” -- Riker

"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books lately?" -- Q

From Deja Q

"I don't like it in here. I'm claustraphobic." Q to Worf when they were entering the turbolift.

"Romulan" - Q to Worf and then "I should have said Romulan, you Klingon goat."

From The Offspring

"Father says I could learn much from someone as old as you." Lal to Guinan

"Commander, what are your intentions towards my daughter?" Data to Riker

From Fistful of Datas

"Vamoose ya little varmit" Data to Spot

It isn't a quote but the way Data walked out of the Observation Lounge after they first noticed the western drawl.

My favorite quote is from the pilot. And it is something that no joke I have tried my best to live my life by.

Riker: "What do we do now Captain?"

Picard: "Exactly what we'd do if this Q had never existed. If we're going to be damned Number One, let's be damned for who we truly are."

Read with Southern Drawl;

Eavesdropping is by no means a proper activity for a gentleman nevertheless... the deed is done.

Mark Twain: Times Arrow.

Riker: "I just want you to know I have the utmost consideration and respect for teh law" (then he slams the guy in the face. In season 6, I cound him doing that same hand-thing about 6 times!! And I'm not done yet)

I have so many favorite quotes, here are just a few:

"NCC 1701. No bloody A, B, C, or D."

-Mr. Scott to holodeck computer - "Relics"

"Let's make sure history never forgets the name Enterprise."

-Picard to his crew - "Yesterdays Enterprise"

"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."

-Riker to the crew on the bridge - "Contagion"

If anyone is interested in more Quotes there is a book called Quotable Star Trek by Jill Sherwin . I got mine from Boarders but I'm sure you can get it on the internet.

If anyone is interested in more Quotes there is a book called Quotable Star Trek by Jill Sherwin .  I got mine from Boarders but I'm sure you can get it on the internet.

Cool, thanks! I'm off to check eBay. :blink:

Scene: Damaged Enterprise engaged in battle with Klingon Bird of Prey

Weapons fire ceases with the defenseless Bird of Prey.

(dramatic music builds and stops leaving silence)

--- Camera moves to Riker ----

-- "Fire."

Star Trek: Generations

"Well it's a new ship - but she's got the right name. Now you remember that, you hear?" -- Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

"I will, Sir" -- Data

"You treat her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home" -- McCoy (Encounter at Farpoint, Part I)

"Masculine and feminine. I understand" -- Nagillum

"Yes. That is how we propogate our species" -- Picard

"Please demonstrate" -- Nagillum

"Not likely!" -- Dr. Pulaski (Where silence has lease)

"Worf, it was what it was glorious and wonderful and all that, but it doesn't mean anything" -- K'Ehleyr

"That is a human attitude" -- Worf

"I am human!" -- K'Ehleyr

"You're upset" -- Troi

"Your finely honed Betazoid senses tell you that" -- K'Ehleyr

"That and the table" -- Troi (The Emissary)

"Spot. This is down. Down is good" -- Data (Force of Nature)

"Besides, you look good in a dress" -- Riker to Worf (Liasons)

"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data

"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

"Some of the colonists objected to having an anatomically correct android running around without any clothes on" -- Juliana Soong (Inheritance)

"Yes, absolutely, I do indeed concur, wholeheartedly!" -- Riker (Where Silence has Lease)

"Well, he did make a pass at me... and it was a good one!" -- Troi, about Barkley (The Nth Degree)

"One thing is clear - you'll never look at your hairline again in the same way" -- Picard to his "son" Jason Vigo (Bloodines)

[after they kiss] "What were you just thinking?" -- Jenna

"In that particular moment, I was reconfiguring the warp field parameters, analyzing the collected works of Charles Dickens, calculating the maximum pressure I could safely apply to your lips, considering a new food supplement for Spot..." -- Data

"I'm glad I was in there somewhere" -- Jenna

"Did the table do something wrong?" -- Troi to Worf when she walks into his quarters and finds him standing over a broken glass table (Birthright Part I)

"I am the goddess of empathy...." -- Holographic Deanna Troi

[anger] "Computer, discontinue program!" -- Deanna Troi

"Computer, belay that order." -- Riker

Ok,ok, I'll stop. Sorry.

party-smiley-004.gif

"Well it's a new ship - but she's got the right name. Now you remember that, you hear?" -- Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

"I will, Sir" -- Data

"You treat her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home" -- McCoy (Encounter at Farpoint, Part I)

lol!! that was long...

I loved thar scene between Data and McCoy (my two favs comming together!). It was just so sweet. I thought the 1st TNG episode was great, I don't care what anyone else says. Watching TNG always makes me feel "at home" (even when I'm at home), and watching that scene just magnifies it. *sigh*

Crusher: Oh, you really did it this time, Will. This is not just a scrape, this is a very deep cut. Well, I can heal it, of course, but you've got to stop playing Parecis Squares as if you're 21 years old. One of these days you're gonna fall and break your neck and I'm not gonna be able to heal that as easily.

Riker: I wasn't playing Parecis Squares.

Crusher: Worf's calisthenics program?

Riker: No.

Crusher: I give up. What was it?

Riker: I was trying to feed Spot.

Timescape

"What is it?" -- Picard [about Nagillum]

"There's nothing out there; absolutely nothing" -- Data

"Well it's a damn ugly nothing!" -- Geordi [aside to Worf] (Where Silence has Lease)

Crusher: Oh, you really did it this time, Will. This is not just a scrape, this is a very deep cut. Well, I can heal it, of course, but you've got to stop playing Parecis Squares as if you're 21 years old. One of these days you're gonna fall and break your neck and I'm not gonna be able to heal that as easily.

Riker: I wasn't playing Parecis Squares.

Crusher: Worf's calisthenics program?

Riker: No.

Crusher: I give up. What was it?

Riker: I was trying to feed Spot.

Timescape

That was great! Timescape, right? Timescapes a pretty funny episode (though I have to admit, that part with the happy face always creeps me out...)

"He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence, it was really quite hipnotic"

(I'm missing part of that quote, I think - does anyone know?)

Data speaking to Capt.Picard: "And there was a rather peculiar limerick delivered by someone in the shuttlebay. I'm not sure I understand it......There was a young lady from Venus whose body was shaped like a........"

from the episode "The Naked Now"

From the episode "The Measure of a Man"

Riker: You're a wise man,my friend.

Data: Not yet sir,but with your help I'm learning

From the episode Sins of the Father"

Worf: I am a Klingon....if you doubt it, a demonstration can be arranged.