Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Special Features from remastered set

I've been watching the special features from the remastered TOS set and they're great. A lot of old home movies taken on the set and good interviews. Great stuff!

Billy Blackburn's treasure chest is awesome! That guy must have had a video camera trapped on 24/7.

I love it as well. I've only seen season one of the remastered so far, but I'm looking forward to Blackburn's second special feature on the second season (If I ever get around to watching it!) lol.

They're awesome, get around to it if it's at all possible. I've seen the episodes so many times in the past 35 or so years that I'd almost rather watch the special features because it's stuff I've never seen before.

I just finished up with the third season a few weeks ago. Not as many special features as in the first two but still great.

Is it just me or is the girl voice that's vocalizing the opening theme in Seasons 2 and 3 too high (volume wise)? In the original versions the voice was there but didn't overpower the instruments. In the remastered set the new theme with the new singers voice seems to overpower the music, especially at the end of the opening credits when she hits the highest notes.

Perhaps it may be so, but, for me, it's not really so an issue. Anyhoo, as I say, I have only good things overall about the whole redo...

Me too, I have nothing but praise. The voice thing is a tad annoying... if annoying is even the right word. I just think they have her voice too prominent above the music.

Understood, no prob. I actually haven't seen any of the remastered eps that have been running on a local station-for about nearly two months! I don't have a setup for the digital transition yet-DUH. There's not much on in the summer, but reruns, but I plan on starting things up before the fall season. Maybe then, with digital, I can vidtape those eps-without the signal fading in and outwith weather, etc...not to mention clear pics all the time, everywhere. I hope.