I also have just finished watching Star Trek XI and I must say that I am very satisfied with the film. The cast fit the roles of the characters perfectly and it almost felt like I had to take a second glance when Quinto was on screen as Spock. He did a remarkable job and was like watching a young Nimoy all over again! Everyone else in the cast was great, but like in the original series, the characters of Chekov and Sulu are used very little. I would have liked to have seen more of them in the film. I brag about Quinto's Spock, but I would almost say that Urban's McCoy really stole the show. He really nails down Bones' accent and mannerisms perfectly.

The story was written well and had a lot of references for Trekkies to pick up on, and even had a Tribble thrown in for good measure. I especially liked the mention of a particular person and his pet from the TV series Enterprise. That was a nice little line for the fans of ENT.

I couldn't help but be impressed with Nero's monster ship which he uses to get around in the movie. It is actually quite a beast on the big theater screen. It is easy to tell that you are definitely helpless against a ship that big. The Enterprise (with all of the new changes) looked really good inside and out. In my short review of the film, I would say that it is very much worth seeing. By the end of the film, it definitely felt like Trek. With all of the changes that happen by the end of the movie, I can't wait to see where the story goes from here! The slate is practically clean to write some new storylines that can be just as interest and probably even better.

I especially liked the mention of a particular person and his pet from the TV series Enterprise. That was a nice little line for the fans of ENT.

Awesome catch! I totally missed that connection until I read your post. :P