Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Star Trek Tickets Selling Out

LOS ANGELES, April 24 /PRNewswire/ -- X-Men Origins: Wolverine and J. J. Abrams' Star Trek don't open until May 1 and May 8, respectively, but Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, is already seeing brisk advance ticket sales for the two highly-anticipated summer movies.

Fandango is reporting that dozens of opening weekend show times for the two films are sold out across the country from New York and Los Angeles to Colorado Springs, Colorado.

"We're already seeing a strong demand for tickets to both Star Trek and Wolverine, two of the season's most anticipated blockbusters," says Ted Hong, Chief Marketing Officer for Fandango. "It's an indication that summer is upon us and people are ready to get out and have some fun. These movies are a great way to kickoff the blockbuster movie season."

I just hope I get to see it May 8th

I think i'll delay mine till the weekend. I guess in my small city here there won't be that kind of sellout...but anything's possible...or I may go later still..dunno.

I will be checking for advance Star Trek tickets today.

In case anyone hasn't heard, some theaters are offering 7 & 10 pm screenings on THU May 7. 12:01 am screenings on FRI may also be available in some markets.

THe local theater right next to where I go to school will have showings on Thursday. It helps cause my teacher is also going to the same showing, so I can get out on time for it.