Sign in to follow this  
archerfan

What about Archer and Rajiin?

I may be quite late on this subject but does anyone think Archer and Rajiin had something more brewing? I like the fact that she is a Xindi spy and how cool would it be for them to have a secret dangerous love affair. The only thing I don't like is the fact that she is a slave. If that was just a cover they could write her to be a little more classy (less fluffy attire, skin doesn't bother me). She could become a double agent. Then Archer would be torn between saving earth and/or the crew and/or Rajiin...I think it would be cool..I just can't forget the way they looked at eachother for the last time. :P

I think Archer deserves better. Since everything she said was a lie I'm not sure she was a slave or worked for the Xindi for other reasons. If I'd been a slave I would have warned Archer and helped him escape the Xindi attack - done anything to avoid getting taken back.

Archerfan, you're a woman after my own heart. Bakula and Nikita Ager were smoking hot together. Archer's a man with normal healthy desires obviously and there was a little something there. An illicit affair would pique this lady's interest. He he he... :P Any opportunity to show off that lovely body of scott's gets a thumbs up in my book.

Moulinrouge I'm sad...we're disagreeing on these wonderful men too much lately. I think I'm getting too maternal - particularly with Trip - which means no woman will be good enough.

Scott's a different story... I'm liking Archer so much better this season.

If I'd been a slave I would have warned Archer and helped him escape the Xindi attack - done anything to avoid getting taken back.

So what you saying is she probably is spy. Her life was in danger, she had no loyalties towards humans, there were good reasons why she didn't say anything to Archer. Imagine she falls in love with Archer(who wouldn't?). Questions her loyalties (she's probably not loyal to the Xindi anyway)and gets in the middle of this whole Xindi war thing.

I'm not even saying anything like they become a regular couple but a whole ships passing in the night scenario. ooh I think I got chills just thinking about it!! He could even still have other love interests but above all want the unobtainable..Rajiin... :P

No need to be sad, Unicorn Hunter. You and I are cool. We can disagree without being pissy. Archer. Better. This season. Yes.

Oh yes. :P I was particularly impressed with his commanding presence in "Impulse." The character is muh, much improved in my humble opinion. Archer is much more appealing when he's a little darker, a little edgier. Oh my word, with what Morpheus the spoiler man said about "Similitude" you are just going to die where Archer's concerned. He's not specific but he said that fans of the Archer/Tucker dynamic will eat it up. Like I've been saying, just because Archer's closing himself off now doesn't mean he loves Trip any less. According to the notoriously unsentimental Morpheus, Similitude proves it.

No woman good enough for Trip? If that sweet little Liana from "Oasis" was found wandering the Delphic Expanse and joined the crew as an engineer you'd object to her? The man gave her an ice cream maker. They redefined adorable. However, if Mike and Phyllis were put in a charge of writing duties instead of Rick and Brannon I'd like to see an unresolved tease between Trip and T'Pol. That could be appealing. Still, the idea of him telling her one day that she reminds him of Elizabeth appeals as well. I seriously can't decide.

I was particularly impressed with his commanding presence in "Impulse."  The character is muh, much improved in my humble opinion. Archer is much more appealing when he's a little darker, a little edgier. Oh my word, with what Morpheus the spoiler man said about "Similitude" you are just going to die where Archer's concerned. He's not specific but he said that fans of the Archer/Tucker dynamic will eat it up.  Like I've been saying, just because Archer's closing himself off now doesn't mean he loves Trip any less.  According to the notoriously unsentimental Morpheus, Similitude proves it.

As a man, I have to agree that I like them showing Archer's "darker" side. It proves he is not just a happy-go-lucky explorer type. Rather, it proves that he does deserve the captain's chair.

As for his relationship with Trip, I think they have become "brothers in arms". We have seen they both have a darker side. IMO, the fact they are both showing them at the same time seems to have brought them closer together.

As for T'Pol and Trip, it may be a pleasant little diversion, but I am still holding out hope for T'Pol and Archer. I find the loyalty they share with each other to be (or what could be) a good start to a more intimate relationship.

They certainy left it open for Rajiin to return in another episode. She may have worked for the Xindi this time, but she did not seem to really like what they are up to. I can see her returning and this time she helps Archer in his fight with the Xindi.

Of course Archer won't trust her, but eventually he'll see she is on his side this time, maybe she'll risk her life or die saving Archer! I guess we'll have to wait and see! :P

They certainy left it open for Rajiin to return in another episode. She may have worked for the Xindi this time, but she did not seem to really like what they are up to. I can see her returning and this time she helps Archer in his fight with the Xindi.

I just happened to see Rajiin for the first time and liked it very much.

In the last scene I had the feeling that Rajiin was about to talk in favour of the humans when she was pulled away by one of the Xindi. Had anyone the same impression?

Her knowledge about the Xindi could be useful to Archer and the mission. Her reapprearcance could push the story arc and could give our crew the needed hints.

Since Jon and T'Pol will probably not come together, as being both senior officers, why not involve him in a romance. And being attracted by Jon could explain why Rajiin would want to come back and help the humans. Me as an Archer fan could fully understand this..... :clap:

How could he go for her? He has no much information on the Xindi. Has seen one the first time in "Rajiin", has no clue where to look for even one of the Xindi planets.

But sexual attraction motivates...... :clap:

The Xindi have made her a slave...

How do we know that? Maybe she was a criminal being a given a chance to work off part of her sentence? I'm not saying that is so -- just that we don't really know what her story is because nothing she said can be taken at face value. It is possible she is working with the Xindi voluntarily.

Stardreamer Posted on Oct 19 2003, 02:45 PM

In the last scene I had the feeling that Rajiin was about to talk in favour of the humans when she was pulled away by one of the Xindi. Had anyone the same impression?

It did appear that way, I'd have to rewatch to know her exact words. But I guess they could have also been taken as a warning to the Xindi. I'm kind of adopting the "trust no-one" philosophy this season.

I'm kind of adopting the "trust no-one" philosophy this season.

Agreed. But that would add a new mysterious thing to the show.

It seems that Rajiin help the Xindi voluntarily. But maybe she was blackmailed or forced somehow. Who knows?