Sign in to follow this  
master_q

UFOs

logo_bp.jpg

I only have listened to his show a few times. A lot of times I keep the radio on in the background, but because he's on late I usually turn the radio off before he's on. However, I do on occasion go to his website.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

In fact the other topic I made today was linked from his site and I thought it was interesting.

My question to all of you is what you think about UFOs. There are lots of different theories so I just want to hear what you think. And I'll defiantly state what I think and comment on the replies.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

UFO's, to me are - Unidentified Flying Objects

When I see UFO, I think of the above description, not an alien space ship. :P I've only seen a UFO once. It had lights like a plane, but was high enough to be the space station (which could be seen at the time), however, it made subtle "changes" in the direction it was going, instead of going straight. Go figure...

I have seen odd things in the sky,but never anything I felt comfortable calling a UFO (at least as far as that term applies to flying saucers and the like).I don't really believe in the UFO phenomenon and alien abductions people are always reporting :P I think if a non-terrestrial civilization is advanced enough to have interstellar space travel,they can pretty well study Earth without fear of detection,and they probably don't need to anal probe Bubba while he's out fishing on the bayou.

I have seen odd things in the sky,but never anything I felt comfortable calling a UFO (at least as far as that term applies to flying saucers and the like).I don't really believe in the UFO phenomenon and alien abductions people are always reporting :o I think if a non-terrestrial civilization is advanced enough to have interstellar space travel,they can pretty well study Earth without fear of detection,and they probably don't need to anal probe Bubba while he's out fishing on the bayou.

Don't believe in flying saucers,huh?

Your boring! :P

I believe in flying saucers,bigfoot,the abominable snowman,the lock ness monster,super giant sea squids,ghosts,demonic possession,ogo pogo,baba yaga,haitian zombies,the chupacabra,and on and on and on....

Life's too dull without them.

I believe that some occurrences of UFOs are real. The hard part is determining which ones are real.

There was one in Mexico City some years ago which was fairly convincing. Seen by millions in the middle of the day. Caught on tape. I have seen the tape, and it looked real.

I have always found the Betty and Barney Hill alien abduction story to be eerie. Too many eerie coincidences not to be true. There was a movie made about it many years ago with James Earl Jones as Barney Hill (I don't remember the name of the film). I highly recommend it to anyone curious about alien abductions.

As for Roswell, a government coverup makes perfect sense. The government's explanations for what happened have been pretty lame. But if you had discovered a crashed UFO, especially during the Cold War (and after the Soviets had so easily infiltrated the Manhattan Project), would you want the rest of the world to know?

When you throw in the good possibility of extraterrestrial life, it certainly makes UFOs more likely. But if I were an advanced life form viewing the human race, I would not make "first contact". There is way too much "radicalism" in our race right now. You only have to look at the Middle East to realize this is not a species you want to meet.

I believe in UFO's as far as there are things in the sky that I can't identify. What they are is up in the air (no pun intended). Are they non-Terran spacecraft? I reserve judgment until you can show me one.

As for Roswell - I was there two years ago. If what happened there and at Area 51 is not other-wordly related, something happened that the government is covering for. There are secrets any government needs to keep, even from its constituents, but I'm curious. :) (I like the explanations B. Spiner gives in Mars Attacks!)

I haven't listened to C to C since Art Bell retired, has the show maintained the high standard's that it had when he was hosting?

I've seen things that I cannot say fit the parameters of known aircraft, that's not to say they came form another world but they certainly could have been. They remain unidentified for me.

no idea as to whether or not UFOs are real. mathmaticly, it seems logical that there is other life out htere, but i dont think it is logical that it would have found us and traveled here. i like to believe it though, as i know that there has to be more life out there somewhere, i just hope it doesant do what the europeans did to afircas cultare if they really do exist.

UFO's don't have to be "alien space ships.  UFO's are any kind of unidentified flying objects.  Get's annoying when people hear you say UFO and assume you're speaking of aliens.

Well,its too boring talking about new aircraft and weather balloons,CJLP!

We're Trekkies afterall,we want to discuss little green men! :) :alien:

I've seen some odd things down near Ozark,hunting with my brothers and dad,over the years.Folks around here usually just chalk it up to that particular hunting grounds been haunted.But,who knows?Could be aliens,eh?SubCommander?

By the way,I saw your post on the Thanksgiving thread...you don't have to invite yourself to our house.Your always welcome,cuzzin :)

I have always beleved that there is life other than humans out their but if they have found us they are way more advanced than us and would have no need to abduct us the only way I would think that an advanced life would come vist us right now would be like in the tv show V to take us over and use us for food and slave labor a nice people would leave us alone until we were ready for space travel and first contact.

Apparently, some countries have groups dedicated to actual scientific investigation of the UFO phenonema. Now that is what is interesting....wouldn't that be cool to be sort of the CSI of UFO's. I watched that special on the SciFi channel a couple of months ago...I think it was called out of the blue. I had to rewind and do a double take. Apparently President Clinton requested some documents from the military and they evaded him. Now, does that get you interested or what?

It is interesting to hear reports from airline pilots (they stated many wouldn't come forward for fear of ridicule if they saw someting unusual)

I do believe there is more to the story than the average Earth citizen has access to. Just what that is I don't know. But in the book I read several people developed acute radiation sickness after witnessing something in the sky - apparently it was US Govt aircraft and an unknown aircraft but no one owned up to it of course.

It's got to be more than swamp gas but I'd really like to know more about it.

I haven't listened to C to C since Art Bell retired, has the show maintained the high standard's that it had when he was hosting?

I can’t say. It is very rare for me to even listen to 30 minutes of it. I only listen to the show once in a while and even then it is going to be less then half of the show. However, I think that Art Bell is now hosting the show on the weekends. So, he is not gone. George Noory hosts the show on the weekdays and Art Bell at least does one show on the weekend. I’m not 100% sure what day Bell hosts, but I’m pretty sure he’s doing them on Saturday or Sunday. You’ll have to check.

--------

I don’t think anyone can really say what’s true and what’s not in what UFOs are or if they even exist. I would say that the majority of the so called spottings of an UFO are probably false, but I would say that there are cases of actual true sightings. There are just too much credible (or half credible) data showing that something is going on in the skies. Even the military seems to be saying that something - what ever it may be - is happening at night. What that may be is the question and maybe it a combination of the many so-called theories.

Some people are saying that they are aliens

Then we have people that are saying that it is a “shadow-government”

Natural phenomena

Military testing new craft

There are no “UFOs”

And other theories

Who’s to say?

In 1997 the CIA said that they have "deceived the American public in an effort to hide information about high-altitude spy planes." I do think that the majority (and maybe all, who knows?) are just secret military craft.

Master Q

Edited by master_q

I looked at the site again to verify that Art Bell does host brand new shows on the weekends.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/art/about.html

art4bio.jpg

Art Bell

Weekend Host of Coast to Coast AM

There were also some ads on my local radio station saying that Art Bell came out of retirement and is hosting Coast to Coast AM's weekend shows. So you can once again enjoy listening to his show, Alterego.

I did listen to yesterday's show, but I fell asleep. One of the things he talked about was that Coast to Coast AM was removed from a Canadian talk radio station. It seems that a certain group in Canada was "offended" by certain shows where he talked about Islamic groups. Art went on to say that each time his show did talk that about that issue he made sure to say that he was only talking about the extremists. Then he went on about of free speech and how is very mad and all of that. I personally find it disappointing that a Canada radio station would do that. (But I guess I should not be that surprised. If you say one thing about a race, religion, or something to that nature then someone will scream "racist.")

Master Q

There were also some ads on my local radio station saying that Art Bell came out of retirement and is hosting Coast to Coast AM's weekend shows. So you can once again enjoy listening to his show, Alterego.

Thank you for researching and posting your findings MQ :) I might try to stay up some weekend night and catch one of his shows for oldtimes sake, he's the best host of that kind of show I have ever listened to and his shows were often worthy of a couple pots of coffee at least.

There's a really good AM radio show that I occasionally catch if I am up late (like anytime from midnight to 3).I'm not sure what its called or even what the station is,but it is hosted by a man and he and his guests and callers talk about ghosts,demonic possessions,UFO's,cryptozoology,and all manner of conspiracy and supernatural topics.Its obvious the host believes in these things,as do the vast majority of his callers and guests.I love the show but have a hard time regularly listening to it,since I think its from a station a-ways out from my location and I only manage to hear anything when the atmosphere is right or something...otherwise local spanish language and country&western stations overlap on the frequency and you can't really hear anything...

I think he must be broadcasting somewhere in the southwest or Rocky's,since most of his callers are from Texas,New Mexico,Oklahoma,Colorado,and a few from other states....but,maybe these states just have more odd things going on in them and their wide-open spaces? :blink:

I'd sure like to hear it again (I try every weekend).

Yellow_Dragon, are you talking about a show other than the topic of this thread?

I remember when I used to listen to Art Bell on Coast to Coast am, his station was between two others causing an occasional overlapping so you might want to check the link above in case it is the same one your thinking of.

Art Bell broadcasts from his house in Nevada, just over the hills from Area 51 in a city named (not sure of the spelling but it's pronounced like in the Christmas song; Little Drummer Boy: "Pahrump".

In the movie Mars Attacks, Pahrump is the town with the cows running down the street on fire, you can see a sign, Tim B did that as homage to Art Bell.

Area 51, also known as Groom Lake, is a secret military facility about 90 miles north of Las Vegas. The number refers to a 6-by-10-mile block of land, at the center of which is a large air base the government will not discuss. The site was selected in the mid-1950s for testing of the U-2 spyplane, due to its remoteness, proximity to existing facilities and presence of a dry lake bed for landings. Groom Lake is America's traditional testing ground for "black budget" aircraft before they are publicly acknowledged. The facility and surrounding areas are also associated -- with varying levels of credibility -- with UFO and conspiracy stories. In 1989, Bob Lazar claimed on a Las Vegas television station that he had worked with alien spacecraft at Papoose Lake, south of Area 51. Since then, "Area 51" has become a popular symbol for the alleged U.S. Government UFO cover-up. [GC 8/96]

Edited by Madame Butterfly

My question to all of you is what you think about UFOs. There are lots of different theories so I just want to hear what you think. And I'll defiantly state what I think and comment on the replies.

I've always been fascinated with the ideas of UFO's and other beings in the universe.

When I was little I always had a dream of them marching into my bedroom at night, single file, but wearing small Nun costumes. :laugh: I surmize part of this had to being slapped on the hand with a ruler at school. :lol:

When I was old enough I discovered Whitley Striebers book on his claimed abduction. It scared me to death and absolutely fascinated me too. Budd Hopkins books soon followed.

They gave me reason to pause and think, if not being absolutely certain as to why they claim there are aliens visiting earth.

I do believe in UFO's, I strongly believe we cannot be the only life forms in this vast universe.

I still sit on the dock at my Mom's place every summer, just as I did as a child, gazing up at the vastness of space and feel very very small. My mind always wonders to if they are watching, and if we actually came to this planet from another.

I love the part in Contact where they pick up a handful of sand, to show that earth is just one place in a very vast universe.

I would love to see a UFO in the night sky. Having said that, I would also be terrified although exhilerated.

BTW-after many years of talking and researching UFO's, my Dad decided to share with me what he did while in the military.

He examined photos of UFO's and tried to make heads or tails from them.

He believed about 10% of what they examined were truly unidentifiable. UFO's.

Edited by Madame Butterfly