Sign in to follow this  
oldfan1

This weeks CSI

Tonight I saw the ad for the upcoming episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and it features a murder at a science fiction convention. The costumes for the show the con is about looks very very much like a Star Trek con ala Galaxy Quest. The episode's title? A Space Oddity

Do you think this could have anything to do with CBS buying some of the rights to Star Trek from Paramount and the new movie opening in a few weeks.

Here is a link to the Episode preview

Click Here

Edited by oldfan1

I thought precisely the same thing. A network never daring to shamelessly promote a product?Gasp! Seriously, it does seem well-timed. I asssume some freelance writer-if indeed it's not one of their more regular people-or them-decided it would be neat to do that. I think it's cool....''Flotter'' Langham from Voyager's ''Once Upon A Time'' and series reg as a fan of a quasi-trek show...heh heh. I love the quotes in the ads! But of course will come the doubtless cliches about ..'us'...or not.

Tonight I saw the ad for the upcoming episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and it features a murder at a science fiction convention. The costumes for the show the con is about looks very very much like a Star Trek con ala Galaxy Quest. The episode's title? A Space Oddity

Do you think this could have anything to do with CBS buying some of the rights to Star Trek from Paramount and the new movie opening in a few weeks.

Here is a link to the Episode preview

Click Here

They didn't buy the rights. Both CBS and Paramount were owned by Viacom and when Viacom split up, the TV rights stayed with CBS (who also owned UPN) and the movie rights stayed with Paramount.

But in relation to the original question, this is doubtlessly related to the new movie. Of course, I'm not entirely sure why they have to cover it up with "Astral Quest" when they own the TV rights to Star Trek.