I thought I would start a thread about season 3 of "24", which starts Tuesday, October 28th. This thread is for any comments about it.

To get the ball rolling, have any of you fans of the show noticed David Palmer in the new ads? I was sure he was dead after last season. Anyone heard anything about this?

I am NOT disappointed. He is one of the best characters on the show. Possibly the best portrayal of a fictional president I have ever seen. (yes, I would vote for him)

24 ROCKS!!!

I'm so glad that Palmer didn't die. He is an amazing character, an honest, hard-working, likeable leader, I think they originally planned for him to die but thankfully decided against it. I'd vote for him in a second. The following is the basic premise for this season:

Click for Spoiler:

It begins three years after the attempt on Palmer. Jack Bauer is now the head of a CTU department which is under the same roof as another CTU department run by Tony Almeida. Jack has a new partner, Chase who has been secretly dating his daughter. Also, Jack did have a relationship with Kate Warner but nothing materialized and they've broken it off. Palmer is alive and well and is now running for re-election against Senator Kelley.

Anyway, time for the real action. Jack has spent the last six months to a year undercover with a narco-terrorist, Ramon Salazar. Salazar is does business with terrorist cells all over the world and he's now behind bars, thanks to Jack, who did some very bad things to himself in order to nail Salazar. Jack's health is now in jeopardy.

Salazar's associateswant him freed and they threaten to release an outbreak of PNP (Pneumonic Plague, I believe). An outbreak of this virus would be nothing short of the end of the world. So now it is up to Jack and Chase to stop it. And here's the preview:

24 Season 3 Preview

I love "24" and I'm looking forward to seeing the new season. I also heard that Jack's daughter Kim is now working with CTU, can anyone confirm this?

I too am glad Palmer is still alive, I wish we could have a president like him! I wonder if Palmer's ex-wife (Penny Johnson who played Cassidy Yates on DS9) will make a comeback, she is the woman you love to hate! :P You never know where her loyalties lie.

rock on 24!!!!!!!!!!!

Click for Spoiler:

I'm glad Palmer didnt die...and i thought Bauer and Warner had a future, sad, sad....

Thanks for the update Jack.

Senator Kelley? Why does that name sound familiar? Or am I thinking of another show/movie?

Klingonmike, I have not heard anything about Kim or Palmer's ex. Most of what I know I just heard from Jack.

You have to wonder if Penny Johnson was taking lessons from Louise Fletcher on how to play two-faced!

i think Senator Kelley was the guy who was interrorgated in season 2 for controlling the nuke and coral snake team (think)...

Penny was sooo evil - season one espec.... i re-watched it on DVD and started strangling my computer...!

Ok, Kim is working at CTU with season which is how she meets Chase, Jack's new partner. I'm not sure what happened to Sherry Palmer. Senator Kelley is a new character the guy was interrogated in season 2 was Rager Stanton (played by Harris Yulin, he was in that DS9 episode 'Duet').