Sign in to follow this  
dunadan

romance on enterprise

i don't know what the rest of you think about this but i hope they steer away from romance on enterprise unless it involves one of the junior characters (hoshi, mayweather)- though hoshi already has had a bit of alien love. i am a veteran so maybe i am a bit more sensitive to this than other folks but any romance involving archer, t'pol, tucker, or reed would be totally improper - no matter who they were involved with.

let's just concentrate on putting out great scifi stories and leave the "hooking up" to soap operas.

Edited by dunadan

I partially disagree.

Romance on future Trek's was never solely the domain of the junior officers or characters, at least until VOY. Kirk, Spock, Picard, Riker, and to some extent Sisko(<probably the least sexually active of the bunch up till this point) saw plenty of implied action.

I admit I don't want to see T'Pol jump in the sack with either Archer or Trip but ENT is set closer to our time, the rules of engagement are still being drawn up so some contact (hopefully the massaging of nodes will be the limit) is imo, necessary in order to set a precedence for what we know later on.

ENT serves to, for the first time, introduce us more fully to the fairer Vulcan sex.

Based on what little info on Vulcan females we have been given in the future (TOS:Amok Time) I still say they are doing the right thing by T'Pol by allowing her to be female. :P n/o

i am all for a bit of sexual tension and i certainly want t'pol to be feminine. i just don't want enterprise to turn into the love boat in space.

my point is that a relationship involving the captain, the first officer or any other senior officer with a member of the crew would be totally inappropriate. sorry if i was fuzzy about that.

:P Ah, I see. Here is an exact quote of a question and the subsequent answer given by Rick Berman on this subject:

THERE HAVE BEEN SOME VOCAL REACTIONS FROM FANS OPPOSED TO THE SUGGESTION THAT WAS MADE AT THE TCA PRESS PANEL REGARDING BACKING AWAY FROM A ROMANCE BETWEEN ARCHER AND T'POL AND MOVING TOWARD A POSSIBLE ROMANCE BETWEEN T'POL AND TRIP. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT?

There is going to be some interest there between T'Pol and Trip. We're

talking about sexual tension, not a romance. I think we had a touch of sexual tension between Chakotay and Janeway, and a touch between Crusher and Picard. You have to be very careful about getting our captain romantically involved with a regular character.

I don't know, folks. For some reason I think Trip and T'Pol could redefine smoking, sultry hot. :cool: :P Just my opinion, but holy moly could those two redefine sizzle if TPTB ever decided to go that route. They wouldn't even have to disrobe to do it.

I don't see a problem with a romance on board Enterprise even if it does involve a member of the senior staff. After all, for lack of a better term, they are human.

I think Trip and T'Pol have great tension...when they're sparring but as a romantic pair I think they're totally boring. I've already been bored by these incessant back massage scenes. The first one was funny, the second one necessary for the plot. Now they're beating a dead horse. If they're just looking for an excuse to show T'Pol semi nude why don't they just show her in the shower when she gets a comm message?

For romance to work with me I have to like both the characters and believe they are compatible. Trip and T'Pol fail both prongs of that test. In fact the more I see Trip and T'Pol together the less I like Trip which is sad...he used to be my favorite.

The reason I watch SciFi and not soap operas is because I like shows with plots not a who's sleeping with who rollcall. That doesn't mean I don't want any romance. I enjoyed the episode with Picard and Nella. I enjoyed most of Kira's romances and I found Chakotay and Seven intriguing and would like to have seen more. However, the Doctor in Someone to Watch Over Me really touched the heartstrings.

Personally, I think they're making T'Pol too weak but that's a whole different story.

In fact the more I see Trip and T'Pol together the less I like Trip which is sad...he used to be my favorite.

Ohhh.... :o I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I thought Trip came across as positively charming when he was worried about how the rumors would affect T'Pol, though I enjoyed just as much the open mouthed reaction in T'Pol's dream to her telling him to practic logic more quietly. :P Funny.

I think a little flirting around the subject is the answer. Maybe at the end of the series have some sort of happy ending and bring a couple together. Other than that I think the thrill of the chase will make the best stories and I will surely enjoy watching it! :P

In other words, you're a great fan of unresolved sexual tension. :o There's a great deal to be said in favor of that. :P

What's so unique about Trip and T'Pol's chemistry is that I can't decide if I want them to romance, or flirt with, romancing one another or if I want him to love her like he loved his sister. I can easily picture the storyline going either way and working just as effectively either way. Does anyone else understand that or am I out in left field?

Edited by MoulinRouge

I whole heartily agree with you..Moulin Rouge. I would be happy with Trip/T'Pol just being friends or being much more. I think the only thing I am against is T'pol and Archer(Maybe i'm jealous :P.) I think Archer is better left for the occasional whirwind with some exotic flower.

I whole heartily agree with you..Moulin Rouge.  I would be happy with Trip/T'Pol just being friends or being much more.  I think the only thing I am against is T'pol and Archer(Maybe i'm jealous :P.)  I think Archer is better left for the occasional whirwind with some exotic flower.

I've wondered if that hasn't secretly motivated several of our posters. I truly don't understand why people like T'Pol?

I whole heartily agree with you..Moulin Rouge.  I would be happy with Trip/T'Pol just being friends or being much more.  I think the only thing I am against is T'pol and Archer(Maybe i'm jealous :P.)  I think Archer is better left for the occasional whirwind with some exotic flower.

I've wondered if that hasn't secretly motivated several of our posters. I truly don't understand why people like T'Pol?

TUH, I think it may be a guy thing. Aside from the fact that T'Pol is attractive, she is also almost completely logical, which makes her quite unlike most women we see in our daily lives.

Yes, men are illogical too. This is not about what we are, rather it is about what we want. As the saying goes, "Forbidden fruit is the sweetest". The challenge of getting a completely logical woman, who also happens to be a "looker", into a relationship? From a male perspective, THAT is impressive! :o

Why do guys like T'Pol? well for me she's HOT!!! and intelligent. Most guys like having a hot woman who can think for herself.Ohh yeah....she can kick some *buttocks* when she needs to, that a big turn on as well! :P

Well that's an interesting theory and we're getting off - topic but my personal experience was that men wanted bimbo's. One guy actually told a friend of mine that men liked "sweet little things" because they were easier to impress.

Back to Trip T'Pol - she's a arrogant and kind of a "not nice word" (although getting less so) - still she would never love him and provide emotional support (she's not capable). Some human females can be unemotional and non-supportive...I don't think their husbands are usually happy :P

Now they can rewrite T'Pol and make her emotional but that is where my complaint is...why didn't they just pick another species rather than rewrite Vulcan culture, history and phsyiology. It was Spock's tension between emotions and control that won our hearts.

I don't see a problem with a romance on board Enterprise even if it does involve a member of the senior staff.  After all, for lack of a better term, they are human.

I agree it's nice to see a bit of romance,even better if its between to different species :)

Sarek had to take his inspiration from someone. :) He married a human not once, but twice. I always got the idea that Spock and Sarek were atypical Vulcans. T'Pol is obviously like them.....she craves less structure and more excitement.