Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

Darnit! Overnights are down a tenth

Darnit!!!! The final ratings may go up like they did last week, but they slipped a tenth to a 3.9 last night. Demographics weres steady but anything under a 4.0 is considered cancellation bait by the network. the playoffs made every program take a hit, but Mediaweek contributed the decline to Smallville, of course, which also went down three tenths. :b-day:;)

Okay. Here's the two addresses to write those letters again. Below 4.0 is danger territory, folks. We have to let these two people know that we watched if we don't have a Nielsen box. Letters are more important than sponsors this week. These are the top two to inform.

Dawn Tarnofsky-Ostroff - President

United Paramount Network

11800 Wilshire Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA 90025

Mr. Leslie Moonves

President and CEO

CBS Television

CBS Television City

7800 W Beverly Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA 90036

If calling or faxing is easier --

UPN Phone: 310-575-7000

UPN Fax: 310-575-7210

One of the ladies at the ENT project said that UPN tallies the calls. So call them UP!!!!!! ENT got an ad in the LA Times last week. This may be a temporary aberration due to baseball (which preempted UPN in some markets #$%%^&*@!!) but the network isn't bright enough to consider that. Write your letters. Call. Please. Every week they slip, even slightly, puts ENT in danger.

I just called and a person answered, I gave a message for Mr. Leslie Moonves expressing the fact we are out here watching and loving ENT. The secretary promised he would get the message. It took about 30 seconds, now would be a good time to flood the office with simular calls. Go for it!

good for you!! ;) I've written my letters and already dropped them in the mail. I will call before the end of the day since I'm not at home right now. Like I said, this may (hopefully) be a temporary aberration due to baseball, but UPN is NOT BRIGHT. If they don't even figure the weekend repeats into the Nielsens when so many folks don't get UPN, how smart can they be?

whats americas country code?

and could you so kindly add it to the UPN number...i wanna ring from Oz!

Is it 001 or 011, Alterego? ACK!!! Someone else asked me and I thought it was 011. Oh dear. :) Please God, don't tell me I gave out the wrong country code for the US in a post. ;):b-day:;) That would be just like me to screw up like that.

Anyway, excellent Trekzone! A friend of mine at the ENT project called the Paramount offices and the lady at the other end of the line told her that such calls are tallied. The numbers are noted. They take particular note of international calls, the lady said. Phone calls helped inspire the UPN cheapskates to place a small ad in the LA Times this week, which is a start. Before that ad there's been no print advertising this season for ENT. None. Ahhhhhh, UPN. You gotta love those cheapskates. Never advertise your show and count on your actors' schlepping for ratings. It's a miracle the ratings have risen at all this season.

ENT would not have these problems if it aired on FOX or WB. :)

I double checked with the operator and this time I was told the person wishing to call the US would need to contact the Operator in that country for the code. ;)