Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

'Trek' cast to reunite on 'Family Guy'

The cast of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" is reuniting for an episode of "Family Guy," a mash-up made in geek heaven that Fox will air next month.

In the episode titled “Not All Dogs Go to Heaven,” the "Next Gen" crew (Patrick Stewart, Levar Burton, Gates McFadden, Michael Dorn, Wil Wheaton, Denise Crosby, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner and Jonathan Frakes) will provide guest voices as the Griffin family heads to the annual Quahog “Trek” convention.

"Stewie blows a fuse when he doesn’t get a chance to ask his favorite 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast members any questions," reads the logline. "He devises a plan, builds a transporter and beams the entire cast to his bedroom so they can spend a fun-filled day together in Quahog."

A member of the "Trek" cast let some of this news slip into the blogsphere awhile back, but Fox has now confirmed, announced the cast and set a March 29 airdate. The planned "Empire Strikes Back" parody episode is also on schedule to premiere next season, and the cast is about to do a table read of a "Return of the Jedi" spoof.

Wow, this is gonna be pretty cool!

I'm not getting my hopes up, honestly. "Family Guy"'s been going down the drain in terms of quality ever since they made the show decidedly left-wing. They sacrifice funny so they can have a soapbox. Although with Obama in office now, maybe they'll get back to being funny.

Sorry, didn't mean to bring politics into it, but it IS an issue and on-topic.

Now if only they would all reunite live at a convention - that would be awesome!

I will watch this, although I'm not a Family Guy fan.

WORD! I am not big on the show myself-I have seen it here and ther-but it just pushes the envelope-correction-busts out the other side-too often. I do give props to its creator for being a Trekkie. And, yes, I too, would like to see all the cast com to my neck of the woods!Including Denise, you bet! Just a handful of hours left..tick.tick...everybody got yer vcrs/teevos ready? Earl Grey on the stove? ....

BTW...I just looked at a tv listing via my internet homepage...and, according to it-warning everybody-Patrick Stewart was not listed among the voice cast for the ep. I know. Very sad. But that is what I saw, and I looked very closely to make sure. Whoopi is the other one not present. Still, I am definitely looking forward to it. Not much longer, on my end of the country..later!

BTW...I just looked at a tv listing via my internet homepage...and, according to it-warning everybody-Patrick Stewart was not listed among the voice cast for the ep. I know. Very sad. But that is what I saw, and I looked very closely to make sure.

According to newspaper and internet reports, Patrick Stewart did provide a voice. It's likely that your TV listing didn't include all the guest voices for this week's episode since there are so many. As you can see from the image, he is in the episode:

FamilyGuy.jpg

Thanks!SHAME, SHAME on those folks....anyway, as of this moment I am waiting for them to get to it, as it were...neat to see the animation a bit ahead. Best regards... :roflmao:

Overall, the episode was disappointing. Typical of the hit-or-miss nature of Family Guy circa the seventh season. Not nearly enough of the TNG crew considering that they were the entire focus of the pre-episode advertising.

Futurama did it much better with Where No Fan Has Gone Before.

I totally agree. Heck, they let Stewie 'kill' Denise, and only let her have ONE LOUSY LINE! I was glad to see them ,but I was hardly impressed. Just typical potty-humor and offend someone else this week. And to think it was created by a Trekkie...as you say, Jack, the Futurama stuff would ahve been better, and more enriched with Star Trek-isms...sadly, I never saw any of those eps. Now there, it looked like, someone knew how to handle both st and wit with it. I apologize, in a way, for promoting this, but, I went in, as did no doubt others, expecting something a little better than what we got.

yep, the episode sucked. They should have focused the entire episode on the TNG cast, but all we got instead was basically one liners from each member besides Patrick. The Futurama episode is far superior

IMO, I don't think you missed all that much. Besides, there's a whole summer in which it might be potentially repeated...shrug. Someone wants to give us TNG, give us the series back on the tube in those repeat syndications I presume will eventually be back out. Heck, give 'em to David Reddick-he'll know how to animate them-if not quite as realistically,given his more-cartoon style. The humor would be good, too.

I don't think I've ever actually watched an episode of "Family Guy"

Then you've lost out. Its the funniest show on TV!

I'm not really into those cartoon shows. In all the years that The Simpsons have been on I've never once watched an entire episode.

Please. Family Guy hasn't been funny consistently (if at all) since it came back from cancellation and it's been getting even worse lately. South Park was right, the show is written by manatees.

The Simpsons always has been and always will be the superior television series. Hell, in my opinion The Simpsons is the greatest series in the history of television (and I realize I'm saying that on a Star Trek message board). I acknowledge it may not be as good as it once was (but it is still eminently watchable) but quite frankly, nothing is as good as The Simpsons was in its prime.

Please. Family Guy hasn't been funny consistently (if at all) since it came back from cancellation and it's been getting even worse lately. South Park was right, the show is written by manatees.

The Simpsons always has been and always will be the superior television series. Hell, in my opinion The Simpsons is the greatest series in the history of television (and I realize I'm saying that on a Star Trek message board). I acknowledge it may not be as good as it once was (but it is still eminently watchable) but quite frankly, nothing is as good as The Simpsons was in its prime.

I'd stack any episode of WKRP up against The Simpsons any day lol.

The only half hour cartoon I could ever sit down and watch was the Flintstones and that was when I was young.... though that's not entirely accurate, I did watch the Futurama episode episode of Star Trek a few weeks ago.