Sign in to follow this  
xenexian

Have I fallen through a temporal rift?

Well, I find this very interesting. Metaphorically speaking, due to circumstances, I wind up getting trapped in the delta quadrant for a while, leaving as a Lt. Commander and now having returned, discovered that I'm now a Commander! :giggle: I'm just wondering how I managed to accomplish this feat. Especially since I haven't been exactly opening up my hailing frequencies and transmitting any sub space messages to post as of late. Please understand I'm not ungrateful for the raise in rank, just curious as to how this occurred. After having been away for so long I almost didn't recognize the site. As Dr. McCoy has said, "I know engineers, they love to change things!". That was meant for VaBeachGuy since I'm surmising that most if not all of the changes to this site has been his handiwork. :o It's going to take some time for me to get used to navigating around here again but some things, I've discovered, as still basically the same. Time to catch up. Well, thanks again for the promotion and I'll be beaming around

Hey, long time no see! Your rank should be the same as when you left, no changes have been made to the rank structure (that I can remember anyway).

Yeah, there's been some upgrades to the board over the years (we just had our 6th anniversary 2 days ago) and the skin (or look) of the board has changed as well. The same basic structure is here and a lot of the features are the same as well.

You should still recognize a few names and a lot of new ones though.

Welcome back though, we hope to see you around the board a lot more often now.

I was pretty sure that I had logged out that day long ago as a Lt. Cmmdr. Are you sure that you don't want to check the records? Anyway, it's nice to be back and I always did look good in red.

Looking at how many posts you have vs. how many it takes to make Commander you're well over that level. It takes 250 to make commander.

Speaking of which, when I made the board way back when I never expected it to grow like it did. The # of posts needed to make specific ranks seems REALLY low now lol