Sign in to follow this  
Sara_Paris

Binaural Beats

Is anyone familiar with Binaural Beats? If so which ones have you used and how have they helped you? I've been thinking about trying them out for some time.

Me either. What is it about? Maybe if u put something in here about it someone could give you an answer. As of now I am curious.

Binaural Beats

Ok I went and did a quick check and this is one of the sites I found. I have heard of it and back in 1994 I used a cassette tape of sounds to Astral Project, or better known as Astral Projection, I use to listen to it and found myself in a floating form more like the feeling of floating I guess. But it help relieve stress in a very nice way. Now whether I did really take a trip out of body I can't say. Plus it depends on if the sound comfort you or make you agitated. So if you do take caution in using them.

Edited by Chataeya

I once rolled over in bed and my arm fell off the side and I thought, just for moment, my hand went through the floor. It was probably just a dream though, right?

I once rolled over in bed and my arm fell off the side and I thought, just for moment, my hand went through the floor. It was probably just a dream though, right?

I wouldn't say that. I once dreamt I was eating a large marshmallow, and when I woke up, my pillow was gone.

Me either. What is it about? Maybe if u put something in here about it someone could give you an answer. As of now I am curious.

Binaural Beats

Ok I went and did a quick check and this is one of the sites I found. I have heard of it and back in 1994 I used a cassette tape of sounds to Astral Project, or better known as Astral Projection, I use to listen to it and found myself in a floating form more like the feeling of floating I guess. But it help relieve stress in a very nice way. Now whether I did really take a trip out of body I can't say. Plus it depends on if the sound comfort you or make you agitated. So if you do take caution in using them.

Actually I first heard of them while on a astral projection website. It was a really great site but I don't think it's up anymore. I think it was called Jonas Ridgeway something or other. Anyway I know they deal in theta, beta, delta, alpha, and gamma waves and each affects the brain differently.

Gamma waves -Higher mental activity, including perception, problem solving, fear, and consciousness

Beta waves -Active, busy or anxious thinking and active concentration, arousal, cognition

Alpha waves -Relaxation (while awake), pre-sleep and pre-wake drowsiness

Theta waves -Dreams, deep meditation, REM sleep

Delta waves -Deep dreamless sleep, loss of body awareness

-Wiki

I'm loooking for different ways to destress and I was thinking about how my art may be affected by Gamma waves and I just think it would be interesting to expirement.