Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Name the City, Name the Show

Eureka

(I realize it's not a real town, but that was the most prominent series I could find that was set in Oregon)

(and c'mon Canada? I thought it was city or state, not country. And also for the record, The Red Green show is set in the fictitious town of Possum Lake, Ontario )

Scranton, PA

Since this is the cotton candy factory - the idea was to give clues that were easy to find an answer to - some clues are clearly a reference to one and only one specific show - which kind of stalls the game unless someone happens to watch that specific show.

So unless it is a city like LA or NYNY it's better to use a larger reference. As for Canada - how many Americans do you think know all the provinces and territories much less individual cities? We know Vancouver because that's where so many tv series are filmed. :)

And is Eureka set in Oregon - I didn't think it ever said for certain if it was OR, WA or Northern CA?

Since this is the cotton candy factory - the idea was to give clues that were easy to find an answer to - some clues are clearly a reference to one and only one specific show - which kind of stalls the game unless someone happens to watch that specific show.

So unless it is a city like LA or NYNY it's better to use a larger reference. As for Canada - how many Americans do you think know all the provinces and territories much less individual cities? We know Vancouver because that's where so many tv series are filmed. :)

And is Eureka set in Oregon - I didn't think it ever said for certain if it was OR, WA or Northern CA?

Well, it is possible to find articles on Wikipedia that are titled "List of Television Shows set in..." and the one for Oregon lists Eureka.

I'm not especially offended by the Canada thing. I just find it a little insulting to put Canada on the same scale as a US State or even a US city. But I fully acknowledge that any more specific reference would probably kill the thread. Hell, I nearly did that with Toronto but somebody got that.

(Also, Flashpoint is now officially set Toronto as the city's name was clearly seen on the uniforms of paramedics in the last episode.)

Really no need to take this conversation any further, IMO. Let's continue the game.

Scranton, PA.

Canada has different territories and provinces? B)

Click for Spoiler:

just kidding lol