Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

Sela...and why she appears so Tasha

Like Sela, I believe "alternate universes" are a sloppy plot device used to mask an inability to be creative within the established parameters.

In Unification Sela did say she liked to write, but we really don"t know how she felt (will feel) about alternate universes as plot devices.

VBG - That Romulan dude's name was Nero. I thought you owned the DVD.
I'll read the full post later when I have a few minutes, I do have the DVD. I can't seem to get through more than about 15 or 20 minutes of it though without losing interest and shutting it off. But at the time I posted I just couldn't think of his name.

I doubt I'll try to watch it again for a while, possibly not even until the new one is about to come out. Unless my brother wants to watch it when he comes down this summer for a visit, he hasn't seen it yet.

Temporal Mechanics - it always gave me a headache. Isn't that what Miles O'Brien said in one episode of DS9? I suppose everything which has been said is true. Although we should look at matters chronologically and not consider any one universe to be 'the right universe'. We have followed only one Star Trek timeline/universe out of infinite possibilities.

Yar is born and in and around this time, Kitomer's Klingon outpost is attacked by the Romulans. The Enterprise C goes to help and gets sucked into a temporal distortion. The Klingons war with the Federation for not helping. Yar joins StarFleet and ends up posted to the Enterprise D. .The battlecruiser Enterprise D knows the war does not go well. The Enterprise C appears before the D emerging through the temporal distortion. It is agreed by taking advice from Guinan that sending the C back could change history and prevent the war. The ship goes back with Tasha Yar. The ship emerges in the past or what was the present to the Enterprise C and saves the outpost from the Romulans. The Klingons are grateful for the C's intervention and a new timeline proceeds forth. Yar is taken by the Romulans. Yar gives birth to Sela. Yar is then murdered. In this timeline, the Federation engages in a mission of peace (the timeline which we know from season one tng onwards) and Yar ends up dying. Sela turns up eventually. Throughout the first few seasons of TNG Sela was always there. For a while, an alternate older Tasha and a younger Tasha both existed. Like in the new Star Trek movie. We have future alternate Spock and young Spock.