Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Blalock Interview

Zap2it

While earlier seasons hinted at sexual tension between the emotionally controlled T'Pol and the easygoing Archer, producers have shifted that focus to T'Pol and Enterprise's chief engineer, southerner "Trip" Tucker (Connor Trinneer) -- as evidenced by the topless (if discreet) mutual-massage scene in the season premiere.

Blalock laughs at the thought. "They write it, I do it. I don't see it, personally. T'Pol's a Vulcan -- how could she have a relationship? And he's so emotional. My goodness, he's like a nut case. So how are this nut case and this person who has her stuff together going to find common ground? Maybe that's the basis.

"We'll find out, because I'm not sure how that's going to evolve."

I admit the first scence with Trip and T'Pol was funny but what makes them great is their tension. At the rate this massage thing is playing out ... think Moonlighting final season. Trip has become downright boring...which is a shame - he was my favorite character.

from the two episodes of Enterprise season 3 i have seen, i dont think Trip has become "boring", hes low keyed himself after his sister's death.

i had the same reaction to my sisters passing and i believe he will eventually come back out of his shell (he has already a bit, with the hate of the Xindi).

Blalock Interview

Blalock Sees Change for 'Star Trek: Enterprise'

By Kate O'Hare

As befits the woman who plays the curvaceous Vulcan science officer T'Pol on UPN's "Star Trek: Enterprise," Jolene Blalock currently has her nose in a book.

"I'm reading a book right now about hormonal enhancements," she says. "It's like a bible on how the human body functions in terms of hormones--- what does what, what affects what, what we really need, and what the FDA tells us is right, what they put their stamp of approval on. Yet, if you look at how the body functions, it's completely wrong."

And that's not the end of her curiosity. "I can't even say I'm a science geek, it just intrigues the hell out of me, everything down to just the human body and how it functions, the intricacies of how amazing a creation we are. And if we are such an amazing creation, the beauty is in everything.

"Here we are, from the beginning we think we're the center of the universe, and we're just discovering the 13th planet now. We're so wrong. What we know is we know nothing."

That's particularly true as "Enterprise" motors through its third season on Wednesdays, venturing into an uncharted region of space called the Delphic Expanse, where laws of physics tend to turn on their heads (and people tend to turn inside out).

The goal is to find the mysterious Xindi, an alien race that staged a preemptive strike on Earth in the season-two finale, killing millions.

"Yay, for one thing," Blalock says of the show's new mission. "It's always fun to have more action, more story line, more reason for doing what we're doing. The characters, especially Scott Bakula's character, Capt. Archer, are going to be more driven."

Season three also meant a makeover for Blalock, who spent the first two seasons with her blond hair tucked under a short, dark wig and her hourglass figure poured into a drab, high-necked cat suit. The wig is longer and lighter, and the cat suits now come in brighter colors and have plunging necklines -- but aren't any easier to wear.

"The blue one is the least comfortable," she says, "because it's not a stretchy material. It doesn't have a lot of give. Once you're strapped in, you're strapped in."

During filming, Blalock usually has her back zipper undone. "That's just so I can use the restroom without having to ask permission," she says.

Because, in the future, women would certainly choose to wear skintight cat suits. "Yes, of course," Blalock says with a laugh. "The liberated woman, at least. It's just the male viewers. It's the boys."

While earlier seasons hinted at sexual tension between the emotionally controlled T'Pol and the easygoing Archer, producers have shifted that focus to T'Pol and Enterprise's chief engineer, southerner "Trip" Tucker (Connor Trinneer) -- as evidenced by the topless (if discreet) mutual-massage scene in the season premiere.

Blalock laughs at the thought. "They write it, I do it. I don't see it, personally. T'Pol's a Vulcan -- how could she have a relationship? And he's so emotional. My goodness, he's like a nut case. So how are this nut case and this person who has her stuff together going to find common ground? Maybe that's the basis.

"We'll find out, because I'm not sure how that's going to evolve."

This past spring, Blalock's real love life took an equally unexpected turn.

"Yeah, I got married," she says. "Pretty wild. My husband and I took both our families to Jamaica and, well, both families and myself were in on it, but little did he know we were planning a surprise wedding."

It's not that Blalock's longtime love, Clear Channel Entertainment executive Michael Rapino, didn't try the proposal route himself. "My answer to him was always, 'When Hell freezes over,"' Blalock says. "But it was time and it was appropriate. About the time I got him to drop the subject, I did this.

"When I got down on my knees and asked him to marry me, he said, 'Yes,' but I wasn't finished with the sentence. It was, 'Will you marry me ... at 6:15 tomorrow evening?' So his mouth kind of fell open, he looked around the table, but we were all in on it. But he still said, 'Yes."'

As for married life, Blalock says, "Fantastic. Absolutely amazing. Everything has its own time, but it's amazing. It's a whole other world. It's just so much better. I honestly didn't think we were going to get married. You never know. What we do know is we know nothing."

But being an old married woman has not prevented Blalock from appreciating more shirtless-Bakula scenes. "Actually," she says, "as we speak, we're shooting a scene like that. We always like that, makes the day go by nicely. Thank God, he's got a kick-*buttocks* body.

"He just amazes me. He's an amazing father, amazing husband. If you had one person to model your life after, it would be him, as far as his health, his work ethic, his leading abilities. It's quite admirable."

Although she hasn't been to any science-fiction conventions, Blalock is proud to say she's a fan of the first "Star Trek," especially the original Vulcan science officer, played by Leonard Nimoy.

"I was a Spock girl, for sure," Blalock says. "Kirk was a little too suave-y for me, and Bones was a little too, um, Bones. Spock was always my guy."

Blalock has even been accused of copying Nimoy's signature single raised eyebrow. "People say that I do that," she says. "I'm not aware that I do. I believe I use both of them. But maybe it's something I do subconsciously."

As for her favorite "Trek" episode, Blalock says, "That's tough. The one where Spock gets married -- or the Tribbles, or the Western? They were hot back then. They'd beam in, toting their little guns."

-- http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/...3874|1|,00.html

What do you think about a relationship between T'Pol & Trip?

. . .

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Edited by master_q

from the two episodes of Enterprise season 3 i have seen, i dont think Trip has become "boring", hes low keyed himself after his sister's death.

i had the same reaction to my sisters passing and i believe he will eventually come back out of his shell (he has already a bit, with the hate of the Xindi).

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I didn't mean to be insenstive to the mourning process... I just don't like the idea of Trip and T'Pol romantically involved because Trip (in his outgoing state) is very emotional (even for a human) and Blalock seems to recongize that.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

You may wish to merge this with my post on the ENT forum - if references this article. As I stated there.. Trip and T'Pol doesn't work for me. The spark lies in their tension (opposition)

You may wish to merge this with my post on the ENT forum - if references this article.  As I stated there.. Trip and T'Pol doesn't work for me.  The spark lies in their tension (opposition)

Done

I'm also sorry to hear of your loss, Trekzone. :look:

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Sign in to follow this