Sign in to follow this  
LouiseTrek

Editting posts

Yu can only edit posts for the first 30 minutes after it was posted. If there is something that you really, really want edited you can PM a mod and ask one of us to edit it.

I have been ponderring this, so this seems a good time to ask:

How come we have this "no editting after 30 mins" rule? Most of my editting is additions/changes to my posts a few days after, and rarely grammatical less than 30 mins after.

I'm just currious, that's all. :look:

There was a situation that happened a while back in which we had to set the time limit. We (the Mods) have been discussing the time limit and have extended it to 24 hours. Beyond that if you need something edited just send a PM of the changes you need and the URL of the topic it is in to a Mod.

OK, and editting limit of 24 hours? This sounds much better.

However, I have a question. Say we have a thread like a "favorite (someting) thread", would we PM a mod to update that list? Just an example of a type of most that would have been updated in the past, or should we just re-post an updated list/post?

OK, and editting limit of 24 hours?  This sounds much better.

However, I have a question.  Say we have a thread like a "favorite (someting) thread", would we PM a mod to update that list?  Just an example of a type of most that would have been updated in the past, or should we just re-post an updated list/post?

If it's something that changes in the matter of a day or 2 then I'd say PM a Mod. If it changed from a month ago or a few weeks ago I'd say make a new reply (quoting yourself from the original). That would do 2 things that editing wouldn't.

1. It would show how your opinion or thinking has changed since the first posting.
  2. It would bump the post to the top of the list but editing wouldn't bump it.

There was a situation that happened a while back in which we had to set the time limit. We (the Mods) have been discussing the time limit and have extended it to 24 hours. Beyond that if you need something edited just send a PM of the changes you need and the URL of the topic it is in to a Mod.

This is still rather inconvenient. What kind of situation did you guys run into that made you restrict editing so much?

This is still rather inconvenient. What kind of situation did you guys run into that made you restrict editing so much?

im fairly sure in the admin control panel of STF, you have to set a time limit....

im fairly sure in the admin control panel of STF, you have to set a time limit....

You're right, and I set the time limit at 24 hours.