Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What best demonstrates T'Pol's character

Which is more the real T'Pol?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more the real T'Pol?

• Saying, "No, Stop" to Rajiin and cowering in fear
    • Grabbing Raijin's wrist, staring her down and giving her the "nerve pinch"
    • Grabbing Raijin's wrist, staring her down and knocking her against the wall.

I was a little disturbed by the scene between T'Pol and Raijin but probably not the reasons the rest of you were. Raijin supposedly has some mental control but T'Pol and her superior Vulcan physiology are immune to just about everything ...remember "The Crossing"? So why did she just whimper no, stop in a "sweet Penelope tied to the railroad track" sort of way. They even had Dudley DoRight rush in to her rescue. (and got bumped on the head in true Dudley fashion) Personally I think she should have done what I saw Spock do in one scene....she should have grabbed Raijin's hand and either pushed her away or given her the nerve pinch. IMO, this would have developed T'Pols character better.

The second thing that disturbs (and disturbs me more) is that so many people describe this scene as sexual - when it was in fact an assault. Yes, TPTB found a way to get one female's hands on another's body. I think they thought this would give us a charge. IMO, getting a charge out of forced physical contact is a little scary.

Of course it was an assault. People are entirely too shook up about Rajiin's hands on T'Pol's midsection. Remember, T'Pol has been "mind assaulted" before. The humans Rajiin interacted with didn't even put up a fight or recognize that an invasion of sort was taking place. So take heart. At least T'Pol recognized that and she kicked Rajiin away. The others were too entranced to even begin to fight. We don't know how physically strong Rajiin acutally was. What T'Pol did was the "real" T'Pol and I'm not disappointed with her. The woman gave up her life on Vuclan to stay and help humans in a fight that isn't even hers. She concealed an illness for a year to keep doing her job and didn't ask for sympathy. T'Pol is fine. :P

Edited by MoulinRouge

Personally, I was happy with T'Pols actions. Rajiin was an alien and thus it is impossible to say that T'pol has the necesary defences to stop that species. We don't know how Rajiin's species uses telepathy. As for the assualt comment; even though it was an assault that does not mean it wasn't sexual. I'm not saying that it was for sure in this case, but the I think there may have been sexual undertones. If that happens to be the case, the assualt with the inclusion of sexual undertones would be considered sexual assualt (according to Canadian Criminal Code) Oh, and is it just me or does it seem to be a common theme to have T'pols mind violated?