Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

Things I've noticed this time around

We are rewatching DS9 start to finish with our 9 year old son. (You gotta indoctrinate these kids early so they won't go for substandard Trek!)

Anyway, revisiting the Julian and Jadzia potential ... I never was for it because of her and Worf in later seasons. Now that I've rewatched Seasons 1-3 for the 5th time, I think that Bashir and Dax would have a great "couple." There's a chemistry there I never really picked up on before.

Kira and Odo's romance in later seasons seems very odd after rewatching the early years. I always thought it was awkward when she began to return his affections. I understood his fixation on her, but never really believed her feelings for him beyond friendship. They should not have killed off Bareil IMO. Or let that mirror universe Bareil end up with Kira at the end of the series.

Worf's addition to the cast seems sort of "forced" this time around. Those first three seasons were actually quite good and I think things turned in a different direction once he showed up. Then they're having to divide dialogue even further between this huge ensemble cast which had to have been difficult. Does anyone know how the rest of the cast felt about his joining them?

Odd, really, my thoughts this go round. I've always been a staunch Dax/Worf shipper and generally enjoyed Kira and Odo's unlikely pairing.

Those first three seasons were actually quite good and I think things turned in a different direction once he showed up.

I also found the last time I rewatched the series that the first two seasons at very least were very good and that something shifted during season three. Worfs arrival sort of cemented the new element. The show was still top notch through the fifth season though. Only in the last seasons and especially in the seventh season with Ezri and too many too hastily resolved storylines did I pick up a distinct drop in quality. (Chimera was great though).