Sign in to follow this  
trekzone

ENT #049 - Regeneration

OMG! im watching Regeneration for the first time, its now the ads, and ive only seen the tenser, but im hooked....what a good looking episode.

The spoilers cant prepare you for it! :assimilated:

first ad break....wow! :assimilated:

second:

dammit! now Phlox has been assimilated! - what did you think?

Edited by trekzone

oh my god: but i picked up 2 inconsistencies:

the borg seemed easier to beat, and

im sure that the alpha, beta, gamma and delta quadrants werent firmly established until late TNG, so how would Archer know that quad?

Guest bella

I saw somewhere (can’t remember who or where so can’t give proper credit...sorry) that because the phase pistols and rifles were pushed to their limits, there was some distortion in their outputs, giving uncontrolled frequency shifts, hence effectively penetrating the rotating frequency shields of the Borg. The Enterprise crew wouldn’t have commented on this because they would not have appreciated its significance.

I don’t suppose the writers actually thought of that, but it’s plausible.

The one point that struck me as wrong was when Archer says “They’ve adapted”. He should have said something more like: “It doesn’t work!”

I enjoyed this episode. The Borg were pretty scary. :assimilated:

Loved the episode. One of the best Borg episodes yet! Since the Borg can really only show up "once" on ENT, they should'a made it a two-parter to make it more exciting.

Anyway, I figured the phase pistols worked so well on the Borg becuase they were a primitive technology that the Borg hadn't assimilated. Sometimes primitive is better than technologically advanced. :assimilated:

Oh, and, Trekzone, as for the quadrant thing... the galaxy is devided up into 4 sections, quadrants. The crew would know how the galaxy is devided up into quadrants, but would have no idea what's out there. Anywho, that's how Archer new the signal was sent deep into the Delta Quadrant.

Guest Guest

:assimilated:

I watched it from behind the settee!!

:laugh::laugh::borg2:

yeah, but the 4 quadrants were never heavy in TOS and TNG, like a few episodes of TNG (season 2) Picard says the Morgana Quadrant, so....... granted its divided into 4 quads etc.... but....the past series evidence remains.,...

You should check out Star Trek: Star Charts. It accounts for the discrepancy in the Quadrants, saying that there's a smaller area (or is it volume?) of space known as a sector quad (larger than a sector, I can't remember off hand) which is sometimes referred to mistakenly as a quadrant. Very cool book, its neat to see where everything is. Awesome.