Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Who is going to the World Series?

Stardate:213749.9

Yesterday marked the end of the 2003 regular season.Yesterday saw some teams win big and some lose big.The Oakland Athletic got swept in a 3 game series by my Seattle Mariners :saintdevil: .The Detroit Tigers beat the Al Central Champions 3 out of 4 to avoid becoming the worst team in baseball history.Tuesday is the begging of the Baseball Playoffs and here is what I think will happen.

Click for Spoiler:

First in the American League Division Series.

Boston Red Sox vs Oakland Athletics-This is gonna be a hell of a good series.Boston has the best offensive team in the American League and have Pedro Martienez and Derek Lowe to back them up.Oakland's offense has been bad all year and they havent really got going.But they have the big three Zito,Mulder,and Hudson to keep the opposition to a few runs.But wait Mulder is injured and gone!!When that happened i thought the A's were done but Ted Lilly has really stepped up and filled the roll.

This is gonna be close but I am picking Boston in 5 games

New York Yankees vs Minnesota Twins-The yanks arer well the yanks.Their offense as always is very good and the have Pettite,Mussina,and future hall of famer Clemens to shut down the opposition.Minnesota has some pitching and some hitting.But i think the yanks out class them in about every way.

Yankees over Minnesota in 3 games

Now the National League Division Series.

Chicago Cubs vs Atlanta Braves-The Cubs have good offense with Sammy Sosa leading the charge.They also have very good piching in Kerry Wood and others.Atlanta has the best offense in Baseball by far while there pithcing isnt as good as it used to be the offense by far makes up for it.I would love to see the Cubs win their first playoff series in almost a century but i think that Atlanta's offense is gonna overwelm them.

Sorry Cubs but Braves in 4 games

San Fransisco Giants vs Florida Marlins-The Marlins are the surpirse story of the year.They have better pitching that most think with rookie phenom Dontrell Willis at the helm.I thought when the Marlins won the World Series in 97 that is was a fluke but now i am not too sure.The Giants have good offense lead by the powerful Barry Bonds.Thier pitching though isnt what is was last yeat even with the addition of Sidney Ponson.This one is too close to call.

I'm rooting for the Marlins so Marlins over Giants in 5 games

American League Championship

If im right about the ALDS in will be Boston vs New York-What a matchup this would be if it happened.I am sure that the rest of baseball would love the see this as well.Two rivals going head to head.This IMO will be the closeest matched ALCS in a long time.I think its time for the curse of the babe to end and what a way to end it by beating the yankees.

Boston will make it to the World Series for the first time since 1918 by beating the yanks in 7 games

National League Championship

Braves vs Marlins-Normally i would pick braves but they have made to the playoffs 12 years in a row now and only made it to the world series twice.So i think they will cave again.

Marlins over Braves in 6 games

As far as the World Series goes well i will give you my predictions when we get to the fall classic

I put the spoiler in so computer will run faster for those with dail up like me :unsure:

Edited by geranimo

Stardate:213748.1

By the way i will be posting the results of each playoff game starting tommorow to see if im right or not

In reply to your AL prediction:

Click for Spoiler:

Boston has been in many World Series since 1918 - they just haven't won any. They'll always be my boys, but the curse of the Bambino is strong! :saintdevil: If they win, every fan in New England will have a heart attack!

Could this really be the year for my Red Sox?..The fans up here in New England would go crazy if they win it all..!..I'm hoping for a RED SOX/Cubs World Series..Wouldn't that be great..But 1 series at a time..On to Oakland...

Could this really be the year for my Red Sox?..The fans up here in New England would go crazy if they win it all..!..I'm hoping for a RED SOX/Cubs World Series..Wouldn't that be great..But 1 series at a time..On to Oakland...

I would also like to see the Red Sox and Cubs in the series.As a Dodger and an NL man,I'd have to pull for Sosa and the Cubbies in that October Classic.But I wouldn't mind at all if Boston won.I've felt sorry for them ever since their October Classic matchup with the Mets.

Stardate:213748.8

I would love to see a Cubs-Red Sox World Series as well.

Update on todays Playoff games:

Minnesota Beat New York 3-1 lead series 1-0.(good news for the Bosox)

Giants beat Marlins 2-0 lead series 1-0

I am watching the Cubs-Braves game right now.The Cubs are leading 4-1 in the 8th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NLCS: Cubs vs. Marlins

ALCS: Twins vs. A's

WS: Cubs vs. A's

(What pitching!)

Ok, I'm exaggerating but I don't want Boston or San Francisco to win. But hey, it could happen.

LET'S GO UNDERDOGS!

Stardate:213753.4

Update on todays playoff games:

Atlanta beat the Cubs 5-3 series tied at 1-1.On to Wrigley Field!!!!!!!!!

Marlins beat the Giants 9-5 series tied at 1-1.

Oakland beat Boston 5-4 in what was the best playoff game yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A's lead series 1-0.Go Bosox!!!!!!!!!!!

I am an Astros fan.But since,they ain't involved in the playoffs (I hate that!I want MLB to just go back to the best 2 clubs meeting in the NLCS)...

I guess I'll root for Atlanta.

Stardate:213753.9

Update:

Oakland beat Boston 5-1 Oakland leads Series 2-0 The Curse of the Bambino is rearing its ugly head :P

Yankees beat Minnesotta 4-1 series tied at 1-1.

Stardate:213756.4

Update:

Marlins beat Giants 5-4 Marlins lead series 2-1

Cubs beat Braves 2-0 Cubs lead Series 2-1 :P Go Cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommorow all 4 games are playing but i might not be able to update cause i am going out of town for the weekend but if i can get to a computer i will update

Stardate:213759.9

I lied i didnt go out of town :laugh:

Update:

Florida Marlins beat the San Fransico Giants 7-6 in an awsome awsome awsome finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Marlins are going to the NLCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HA ha ha ha Barry Bonds you are denied once again!!!!!!!!!!Thats what you get for dissing the Babe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlins win series 3-1

Yankees beat twins 3-1( i think i didnt watch that game but i know the yanks won)New York lead series 2-1

Boston beat Oakland(again didnt watch that game not sure of the score)Oakland leads series 2-1

Braves beat Cubs 6-2 series tied at 2-2.Cubs got to win tommorow!!! :look:

The Red Sox are still alive..! Trot Nixon hit a Home Run in the 11th and they won 3-1..Exciting finish..Course it won't mean anything if they don't win today..Go SOX..

Stardate:213762.9

Update:

Yankees stomped Minnesota 8-1 New York wins series 3-1

Cubs beat Braves 4-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cubs win series 3-2!!!!!!!!!!!!The curse of the goat is over!!!Cubs win first playoff series in 95 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!

And as Spacetigger said Bosox beat Oakland 5-4 series tied at 2-2

And because of that the next time i update it will be from Oakland California!!Thats right i am going to game 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I snagged 3 tickets to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!As i type this we are approaching the airport in Oakland!!!!Tommorow I will be sitting next to the left field foul pole in the Oakland Assosiated Collasium with a sign that reads"The curse of the babe is over for the Red Sox.The Curse of the Mariners is just beginning for the Oakland A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

See you at the GAME!!!!!!!!! :laugh::look:

Stardate:213764.9

Update:

Boston WINS BOSTON WINS 5-4 BOSTON IS GOING TO THE ALCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Oh My Gosh!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so hyped about this game that it deserves its own thread!!!!

Stardate:213767.9

Update:

Marlins beat Cubs 9-8 Marlins lead series 1-0

Stardate:213770.9

Update:

Cubs beat the crap out of the Marlins 12-3 series tied at 1-1 ;)

Red Sox beat yankees 5-2 Redsox lead series 1-0 :b-day:

Stardate:213775.9

Update:

Yesterday Yankees beat Red Sox 6-2 series even at 1-1

Today Cubs beat Marlins 5-4 in a very good game Cubs lead series 2-1 :P

Stardate:213778.9

Update:

Yankees beat Red sox 4-3 in a very intense game Yankees lead series 2-1

Cubs beat Marlins 8-3 Cubs lead series 3-1!! :o

Cubs just 1 win away from the world series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :P

Stardate:213784.5

Update:

Florida beat Chicago 3-0 Josh Bekket pitched the best game i have seen in the playoffs.That kid has a bright future ahead of him Cubs lead series 3-2.NLCS goes to Wrigley Field for game 6 and game 7 if need be.GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!

Boston and New York did not play today cause of rain.That game is rescheduled for Tuesday(which would of been a travel day)at 5:30 pt. 8:30 et.

Stardate:213784.9

Update:

Red Sox beat Yankees 3-2 Series even at 2-2 :)

I think the yankees will win one more then that will be it.Red Sox will make it go to seven games and win it :) GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cubs will win the world series.Can't you feel it?This is their year,at long last.The curse of the Goat has finally been lifted....

It'll be nice if they face the Redsox in the series,but I think the Yankees will take the AL.

Stardate:213786.9

Update:

Yankees beat Red Sox 4-2 Yanks lead series 3-2. There is that one win i was talking about.Sox take next 2

Marlins Beat Cubs 8-3 Series tied at 3-3. I am so pissed right now its not funny.Im thinking of starting a thread about todays spectal of a game but i dont know!! :bow:

We need a smilie with a guy all pissed off beating the crap out of someone cause thats how i feel after watching that game

Edited by poguemahone

Don't worry about it.The Cubs will go.I doubt Florida can take 3 straight.

But,then again,if a team was going to lose after being up 3-games-to-1,it would be the Cubs.... :bow:

Edited by subcommanderbeavis