• MM for Lore (Half serious)
    • More actors
    • Younger actor for reincarnate of Data or human Data
    • Younger actor for Lore and other characters
    • Different actor for them all
    • Do not replace any
    • Replace some, but not all
    • Other

I am wondering how many of you people want to give Spinner a long vacation or retirement from trek or if he should keep a role or two. I am rather neutral and uncertain. :saintdevil:

I voted Other.

Dr. Soong died.

Data was incinerated.

Lore was dismantled.

B4 is the only character left for Spiner to play unless they decide to bring Data back to life in the next movie. To be honest, unless the next movie is a TNG story, I think we've seen the last of Data and family.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I BELIEVE YOU ARE VERY RIGHT. DATA SHOULD BE REPLACED ALL TOGETHER WITH A NEW YOUNGER ACTOR AND WITH A NEW NAME AS I SUGGESTED IN SOME POSTS. DATA IS GONE. "DECEASED-PUH" B4 IS ALL ALL THAT REMAINS. :saintdevil: :unsure:

Data was incinerated.

Spock was irradiated to death, but he is still alive.

Besides, I'm still waiting for someone to show me components from his body (remember when he was incinerated in "The Most Toys"? Come to find out he really wasn't.)

Until I see some charred components I choose to see things in a "sci-Fi" frame of mind. Anything is possible. No one can say for sure that the Romulan ship didn't beam him out at the last second can they?

Data was incinerated.

Besides, I'm still waiting for someone to show me components from his body (remember when he was incinerated in "The Most Toys"? Come to find out he really wasn't.)

Until I see some charred components I choose to see things in a "sci-Fi" frame of mind. Anything is possible. No one can say for sure that the Romulan ship didn't beam him out at the last second can they?

Yes, Spock was irradiated to death. Spock was dead - until the Genesis planet regenerated his body and later had his "Katra" put back in.

Data was incinerated. Didn't you see the explossion? There was very little left of the Schimitar, so it's very likely that Data was incinerated, thus nothing would be left of him except a few molecules, vapor, atoms, or whatever. Yes, Data "could" be brought back, but like Spock, he's dead until there's a sequal where he comes back to life.

As for being beamed out? We saw Data get blown back as he fired his phaser, then boom one second later. I dount that anyone could'a beamed Data out durring that one second.

Yes this is star trek. Right now I can think of at least two or three ways to get data back but I really think they won't do it as it was Spiners idea to kill data off in the first place. I really don' think there will be a movie anytime soon and if they do it will be a mixed cast or like what somebody else said in another thread star trek X1 the search for data.

Data was incinerated.

Yes, Spock was irradiated to death. Spock was dead - until the Genesis planet regenerated his body and later had his "Katra" put back in.

Data was incinerated. Didn't you see the explossion? There was very little left of the Schimitar, so it's very likely that Data was incinerated, thus nothing would be left of him except a few molecules, vapor, atoms, or whatever. Yes, Data "could" be brought back, but like Spock, he's dead until there's a sequal where he comes back to life.

As for being beamed out? We saw Data get blown back as he fired his phaser, then boom one second later. I dount that anyone could'a beamed Data out durring that one second.

It just shows a lack of imagination to demand that Data IS dead. There is no proof he is. Only assumptions, and we all know what you do when you assume.

Give me proof of his "death", not assumption and I will concede.

Data fires phaser at radiation weapon, Shcimitar explodes.  Data died in the explossion, that's not an assumption, it's what happened.

Besides, prove he didn't die. :saintdevil:

One of the rules of science that you can't prove a negative. :unsure:

Data fires phaser at radiation weapon, Shcimitar explodes.  Data died in the explossion, that's not an assumption, it's what happened.

Besides, prove he didn't die. :saintdevil:

So we have to assume someone is dead because an explosion happens? How many times have we "killed" Saddam or Osama?

Show me a body or a body part and I will concede. Not before then though. Besides who is "Data"? He is Brent Spinner. After Data destroyed the ship and was beamed away the wardrobe people dressed him up to look like "B4" and is seen talking to Picard at the end of the movie. Since B4 is also Brent Spinner then there's your proof. As long as Brent Spinner is alive Data is as well. Show me a detatched head named Data and I will believe. Until then it's all assumption. :unsure:

That may be true, but let's think this through logically. Data fires his weapon at the radiation weapon, a second later, the Schimitar explodes in a blinding light, with very little debris remaining. Logic would suggest that Data died in the explossion. Sure, there's the imagination, but I go by what I see on screen. Like with Mr. Spock, I say Data's dead till they bring him back. Just my opinion though. :saintdevil:

FACINATING. I SHALL KEEP THAT ALL IN MIND. I NEVER SAW THE LATEST FLIC., BUT READ THE SYNOPSIS. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.

Edited by Alicia Zorkon

That may be true, but let's think this through logically.  Data fires his weapon at the radiation weapon, a second later, the Schimitar explodes in a blinding light, with very little debris remaining.  Logic would suggest that Data died in the explossion.  Sure, there's the imagination, but I go by what I see on screen.  Like with Mr. Spock, I say Data's dead till they bring him back.  Just my opinion though. :saintdevil:

Again, it's all assumption. You assume he was killed because if it was you the explosion would kill you. Think of it logically, it's Sci-Fi. He's an android. There was no body. We didn't see his body fly into billions of little parts. There was a Romulan ship right there. We know that the Romulans want Data to study him. It's Sci-Fi. Oh yeah, it's Sci-Fi.

Show me an android corpse and I'll believe. Until then I choose not to assume.

I WOULD LIKE PROOF TOO, BUT THE PEOPLE BEHIND THAT MOVIE THINK WE ARE GULLIBLE! LOL! i was gullible before i heard from you guys.

That may be true, but let's think this through logically.  Data fires his weapon at the radiation weapon, a second later, the Schimitar explodes in a blinding light, with very little debris remaining.  Logic would suggest that Data died in the explossion.  Sure, there's the imagination, but I go by what I see on screen.  Like with Mr. Spock, I say Data's dead till they bring him back.  Just my opinion though. :saintdevil:

Again, it's all assumption. You assume he was killed because if it was you the explosion would kill you. Think of it logically, it's Sci-Fi. He's an android. There was no body. We didn't see his body fly into billions of little parts. There was a Romulan ship right there. We know that the Romulans want Data to study him. It's Sci-Fi. Oh yeah, it's Sci-Fi.

Show me an android corpse and I'll believe. Until then I choose not to assume.

Stardate:213745.9

I agree with VBG.Until i see postive proof he's dead there is always a possibility.I cant remeber the name of it but there is a DS9 episode where Bashir is recrutied by section 31 to go to Romulus and find info on a romulan senator.During the episode Sloan is captured by the romulans.While trying to escape we see him get shot and we actually see him vaporise right before our eyes.But to our surprise Sloan is alive and well.He was beamed out at the last second.Also i belive there is a TNG episode where lots of people saw Picard get vaporpised in a bar.and we all know what happened there.

Oh and by the way i voted for him not to be replaced

No one could play Data as well as Brent SPINER (one n, or its spinner like someone spinning a top.)

If Brent does not want to play Data anymore, then perhaps we could consider a new actor to play him, but it would hurt....a lot.

NO ONE CAN PLAY DATA/LORE/B4 BUT BRENT SPINER!!!!!!! Using another actor would not work because no one could duplicate what Brent Spiner has brought to the characters. He's a brilliant actor who has spent much of the past 16 years of his life bringing Data to life. The way Data moves, speaks and gestures could not be done by anyone else.

I have to agree with Takara_Soong. :saintdevil:

Data cannot be played by another actor. This would just not seem "right" to me, Brent Spiner and no one else is Data.

Whatever they do with the "did Data really die" or "will B-4 ever become a second Data" (I said second Data because to me he never would be the "real" Data :drool: ) - topics, they should not even THINK about getting another actor playing one of the Data-family androids :unsure:

(just my opinion :thumbs: )

I would rather see Dr. Soong re-incarnated, he could then build the next generation android. That would be preferably to replacing Brent.

Click for Spoiler:

In case you did not know, A non canon story (Immortal Coil) says Dr. S. was a re-incarnation of an OS character named Flint. (TOS episode #73, Requiem for Methuselah) An immortal who had been experimenting with perfecting androids ever since he gave up on real Human (iod) companionships.

Well according to the Grand Plan, as devised by myself. I believe that Data should come back as a hologram after Geordi has downloaded his brain from B4 into the Enterprise computer, hence Data could be played by Brent without any make up.

I didn't quite understand what your poll was asking, but yeah, Geordi could create a hologram of data, but that wouldn't really be data. The entire theme of Nemesis was that copies of people are never the original. I think it's best to leave it at that.

I would rather see Dr. Soong re-incarnated, he could then build the next generation android. That would be preferably to replacing Brent.

Click for Spoiler:

In case you did not know, A non canon story (Immortal Coil) says Dr. S. was a re-incarnation of an OS character named Flint. (TOS episode #73, Requiem for Methuselah) An immortal who had been experimenting with perfecting androids ever since he gave up on real Human (iod) companionships.

Sorry, but I don't believe in re-incarnation, very silly concept indeed. :saintdevil:

I didn't quite understand what your poll was asking, but yeah, Geordi could create a hologram of data, but that wouldn't really be data.  The entire theme of Nemesis was that copies of people are never the original.  I think it's best to leave it at that.

I thought the major theme of Nemesis was that we control our own destiny, and if we want Data back then I think the only way is going to be through his download to B4. I think the best way to do this would be to say that there was a mistake in the connection to B4 so that he downloaded his essence rather than just knowledge you could therefore separate the two giving them their own lives to lead.

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

I think data is dead so just leave him like that. However i have a feeling they will bring him back because so many people were upset when he died. That is just my opinion.

:P

Nobody will ever replace Brent as Data,Lore,or any other character portrayed by him on Star Trek.That would be like using someone else to play Bones McCoy in some future project featuring the original cast.Almost blasphemy.

Sorry to contradict you, AE, but in the book Immortal Coil, One i personally hated, Soong was NOT Flint. FLint was a mentor to both Ira Graves and Soong and turned out to be the man who was also now helping Maddox to create a new android in Data's time, but Soong did indeed die in the episode "Brothers."

I agree that no one could ever play Data anywhere near as good as Sexy Brent, but i still can't stand the idea of Data being gone, so i guess its just a sad lose/lose situation.