Sign in to follow this  
Crewman Q

Since we're talking about holodecks...

We all know the infamous holodeck-exiting scenes, like when Wesley Crusher ran out the holodeck with a wet shirt, but what about some less obvious things?

If you were on the holodeck for a month and just ate holodeck food, when you left the holodeck, would you lose a large portion of your body mass, effectively dying shortly?

Would your waste, urination, etc. be lying on the floor when the holodeck is turned off?

I can't think of a time when people have been on a holodeck for a long amount of time, but I would think that little things, like pools of sweat would be on the floor after working out, like B'Ellana in "Extreme Risk."

Do you think I'm just nitpicking, though? I've always been fascinated by the holodeck and scenarios like that.

I think holodeck food would be fine because it's replicated not holographic. According to the TNG tech manual the holodecks use holographic and replicator technology to acheive a realistic environment.

As well, in the season 2 episode Up The Long Ladder it was said that the Enterprise was self-cleaning so that would take care of any by-products left behind in the holodeck. We were told that when the animals the Bringloidis had brought aboard being leaving souvenirs on the floor of the cargo bay.

yeah i remeber at some point mention of it being self cleaning, man i want my house to be self cleaning lol holodecks have always seemed like such a crazy idea to me ive never really though about how realistic they make them but they do seem to put quite a bit of thought into it all