• Romulan Star Empire
    • Klingon Imperrial Empire
    • Cardassian Union
    • The Dominion
    • Borg Collective
    • Species 8472
    • The Fans

Stardate:213740.9

Definitly the stupid SOB fans who want everything to be perfect.I would rather fight the borg any day than those little A'holes

Lunatic-Self Absorbed Fans Who Think They Own Star Trek  :lol:

I voted for the Borg :lol:

But I agree with what Sam says.

If I look inside the Star Trek universe, the Borg are the greatest threat that could exist. :lol: We can never be sure they won't return one day and assimilate Earth :lol:

But, if I look from outside to the Star Trek franchise, the fans are really a big threat. Just for example, ENT: They want ENT to be like this, ENT to be like that... They do not see that ENT needs time for developing, like all the other series, too. They do not realize that they will destroy what they love in the end :lol:

(no offense meant, it is just my opinion)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I said the fans. But I always have to question, if they are that unhappy with the franchise, can you really call them fans ?

I agree with Sam's assessment of some "fans."

DITTO !!!

You said it Sam! That has been it from day one of ENT, Trek "fans" so obsessed with what they think the beginnings of the Trek saga should have been. They have completely forgotten every good thing they ever learned (? :lol: ) from Trek and worse, become the same type of anti-trek personality we have defended Trek from for almost 40 years. Makes me sick.

Captain, I always enjoy your topics..........This is a hard one for me to answer.............I quess if we go from the stand point of the story line, it would surely be "The Borg." :lol: But if we look at it from the stand point of media ratings................it's defintely those who do, or do not view Star Trek, for whatever reasons.............Fans have always been the worst critics......I see this even here on this website as we discuss the various series...........I know there are many fans who felt Voyager was not a good representation of the Star Trek saga. Some felt the same about DS9. Now with Enterprise, some fans like it others don't, or feel that it needs improvement.................As with all else, you just can't satisfy everybody. But Star Trek rose to is greatest height when it was no longer being aired on regular network TV. My feeling is that if it doesn't survive on UPN.......those of us who are hard core fans, will NEVER let it die. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Gotabite

I voted the fans as well. As with everything in life it seems to be a very vocal minority (Save Star Trek types) who get noticed and put everything at risk for those of us who really care.

I voted for the Borg, because they are a relentless enemy that march through the universe like a swarm of locusts, devouring any species in its path (except Janeyway and crew :P )

I did not vote fans, because I have mixed feelings about the fans.The fans originally saved Star Trek, and caused its rebirth. Current zealots could lead to its demise...at least of Enterprise, a good series with developing characters finding themselves in very hard situations.

I hope Enterprise survives long enough to see the conclusion ot the Xindi campaign, and beginnings of the Federation

It kind of depends on which fans you are talking about. The stupid fans who will stop watching if every little detail is not the way they want it (like Indy said, not REAL fans) definetly hurt Star Trek. However, the loyal ones can save it.