Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Roddenberry on Patrol (2004)

Has anyone else seen this?

It's a cute little film about how Gene was inspired by every day things in his life that eventually gave him the idea of Star Trek. It is almost 100% fictional, but still kind of funny. It was directed by Tim Russ. Think of a Trekkie version of "George Lucas in Love" and you will get the idea of the film. I recommend it for fans that can take a joke and don't take it so seriously. The film gives credit to Gene for some ideas he didn't even come up with in reality, but it is all in fun. The best part of the movie is that it has a handful of Trek star cameos; Walter Koenig, Robert Beltran and Robert Picardo just to name a few. The only real downfall is that it is only about 20 minutes long. I was also surprised that the acting wasn't as good as it could have been, especially from Beltran. I know he was probably doing his friend (Russ) a favor by being in this movie, but he could have acted better than he did.

Anyway, with all of that said, I still recommend this movie. If you want a quick Trek fix, this is for you! You can get it on Amazon or the official website, which I think is roddenberryonpatrol.com, but I'm not sure. I'd recommend Amazon. It took almost a month for the movie to arrive at my house when I ordered it from the website. It is less than $20, so it's worth getting