Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

I'm sick and need help

I'm really sick and I need to be better for tomorrow. I have classes I have to go to and a must-not-miss-day at work. I know I'm really sick because I just spilled coffee and a hot shower did nothing for my nose. Any input is welcomed.

Picard, here's what you do. List your symptoms, go to the store and buy something that takes care of them, take the medicine. Problem solved...

Whenever I feel a cold coming on, I immediately start taking Advil severe cold & flu medicine. Take 2 caplets every 4 hours and it will clear you up in no time.

Since you're in school I'd suggest going to the health center or clinic on campus. If you have a fever and if your mucous is greenish you may need antibiotics. You can certainly treat the other symptoms with OTC but there are no magic cures to make everything just go away immediately. And don't go to school or work until you're cleared by the health center (or wear a mask and take Clorox wipes and swab down everything you touch) - nobody else wants your crud. People get really mad at people that come to work sick and spread it around.

Get a bowl of boiling water, put your face over it and cover your head with a towel. And breathe in and out deeply, as much as you can.

Then drink lots and lots and lots of water. And take tablets. Then have an early night.

And if you can, don't sleep on your back.

I have some NightQuil stuff and have been eating soup. As for a face cover for tomorrow I'm broke so there is a fat chance of me buying that if I needed for school/work. I am doing some homework... It's either that or keep watching MSNBC, and I've seen it enought in the last few weeks.

Looks like I'll be missing classes today, but I don't think I'll miss work... I'm still sick, but not as bad as yesterday...

I'm well enough to go back to school... And as a side note DayQuile after taste and coffee do not go together... YUCK!!!