Sign in to follow this  
Enoch

The Next Star Trek Series

What would you like the next star trek series to be about and in what time would it be set in? Would it be on a ship, star base, planet etc. What would the story line be? What sort of characters?

I would imagine that if the movie is successful, they would have no choice but to re-launch TOS with the new actors.

I would imagine that if the movie is successful, they would have no choice but to re-launch TOS with the new actors.

I hope not.

I would love to see a series about the Titan and Riker. Especially if they kept at least somewhat with the books.

I hope not.

I would love to see a series about the Titan and Riker. Especially if they kept at least somewhat with the books.

That will never happen. The show would have to appeal to a broad audience, not just hardcore Trek fans. Believe it or not but the average Joe on the street has no idea who Will Riker is but most non-Trek fans know exactly who Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock are. I, for one, would love to see a new TOS show.

I hope not.

That will never happen. The show would have to appeal to a broad audience, not just hardcore Trek fans. Believe it or not but the average Joe on the street has no idea who Will Riker is but most non-Trek fans know exactly who Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock are. I, for one, would love to see a new TOS show.

True.

It just feels like they're moving backwards by redoing TOS.

Sorry, but Frakes would need a year at a 'Fat Camp' before they would start a Titan series... He did not look very good at the end of ENT.

Sorry, but Frakes would need a year at a 'Fat Camp' before they would start a Titan series... He did not look very good at the end of ENT.

Good Point!....... :RC:

I think for todays audience the action if not the show would need to be darker and more equal roles among the male, females to reach a larger audience.

I have to agree.

Though I prefer more lighthearted shows and would hate for ST to become dark like BSG and other more modern shows.

Why don't they consult me on the desicions? :RC:

I think for todays audience the action if not the show would need to be darker and more equal roles among the male, females to reach a larger audience.

I have to agree.

Though I prefer more lighthearted shows and would hate for ST to become dark like BSG and other more modern shows.

Because of ideas like this:

:thumbs:

I have to agree.

Because of ideas like this:

:thumbs:

True, very true.... :jaw:

Edited by PhaseSniper

I really don't expect to see another Trek series - not any time soon anyway.

But if they ever do - I'd like to see more of the civilian point of view - what is was like to be a colonist or miner or trader in that space frontier. If they had a series about the first starbase I'd like to see at least one civilian character - maybe a Daniel Jackson type that railed agains the militarization of science.

I'm up for anything 23rd century. I just wished they* kept to the aesthetic design of The Original Series. *Or an animated series that didn't suck visually, i.e. how most cartoons now-a-days are drawn.

I would like to see another episode in the 24 Century, following on from DS9 and VOY. I personally like this time period, the ships, the technology. It would be good to experience more of the life of the galaxy in this time. I am not one for all the action scenes but I really enjoy Star Trek for experiencing the world they have created. I am not big on the idea of going back in time, but instead would like to go forward a little in time.

It would be good to experience more of the life of the galaxy in this time.
Same with the 23rd century, in my opinion. I'd say 22nd century too, although I imagine there must be (some) stigma from Star Trek: Enterprise (i.e. the continuing trend of deus ex machina, Berman and Braga, etc).

I also agree with TheUnicornHunter on how they should try out a different point-of-view.

I'd like to see a series in the Mirror Universe during the era we saw during DS9 dealing with the Terran Rebellion (which means that there'd be plenty of opportunity to see the mirror version of many characters who we're already familiar with), or a series that takes place about 50 or so years after "Endgame," after Starfleet has had plenty of time to study information that Voyager brought back about transwarp drive, transwarp hubs, and slipstream drive, and begin exploring a different galaxy, which would be a great chance to explore that old idea that the Tholians originated in a different galaxy.