Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Would you go for Lore

Would you go see another TNG movie that had Brent Spiner as Lore but no Data?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go see another TNG movie that had Brent Spiner as Lore but no Data?

• Yes!! Seeing Lore on the big screen would be awesome!
    • Yes! But I want Data there too.
    • No! I want Data back instead of Lore.
    • No! I don't like Lore and he should stay disassembled.
    • I would go to a Trek movie no matter who is in it.

I thought I would post this thread after reading some of the responses in the favourite Soong family member thread in the TNG forum. What do you think? Would you like to see Lore on the big screen? I'd love it but I would really love to have them both in it.

Well, I highly doubt there would be another TNG movie, however I do expect to see a mixed cast movie with 1-3 characters from the TNG cast.

With that said, I'd like to see both B4 and Lore return in the wake of Data's death, but since there won't be any more TNG movies, I doubt we'll see either character return.

No.You just can't have Lore without Data.It is the emotional conflict there,between brothers,and the obvious love for his brother that Data feels (no matter what he says),that makes the stories that these two are featured in compelling.At this point,I have been disappointed by 2 Trek motion pictures in a row.I'm becoming somewhat gunshy of them,and will wait and see what Paramount throws at us next time.Depending on the trailers and what I hear through the Trek grapevine I may or may not pay to see that film.I might just wait to rent it on DVD.

Sirius, are you aware that Data did not have an emotion chip durring TNG? There was no way Data could have felt brotherly love for Lore as he didn't have the chip, containing the program to allow him to feel. His emotion chip wasn't installed till GENERATIONS. Also, why were the last 2 Trek movies dissapointing? I thought they both rocked with #9 being the best of them all. :blink:

With that said, I'd like to see both B4 and Lore return in the wake of Data's death, but since there won't be any more TNG movies, I doubt we'll see either character return.[/color]

How do you know there 'won't' be another TNG film. Unless you know some inside information then it is just speculation.

I voted yes it would be cool (the top one).

Well, TM, seeing as it took 2-3 years to negotiate contracts, they almost didn't get Michael Dorn, Data's been killed off, Riker married Troi and commands his own ship, Patrick Strewart said he's done with Trek, and... well, when you add it up, it's my deduction that there won't be another TNG movie. Berman said there'd be another Trek movie, just that it wouldn't feature the complete TNG cast.

Well, TM, seeing as it took 2-3 years to negotiate contracts, they almost didn't get Michael Dorn, Data's been killed off, Riker married Troi and commands his own ship, Patrick Strewart said he's done with Trek, and...  well, when you add it up, it's my deduction that there won't be another TNG movie.  Berman said there'd be another Trek movie, just that it wouldn't feature the complete TNG cast.

My point was just that nothing is certain until the movie starts filming. In the Motion Picture Spock would not have featured at one point (until Nimoy, who was the last to sign on, agreed).

So I really think that nothing can ruled out as 'fact' until the time when Paramount commission another film to be made.

Well, let's assume that a new TNG movie would come up (almost impossible, I know, but let's assume it) and this question about Lore would appear.

I would LOVE to see Lore in a movie. I think it would even work without Data. I mean, Lore is well-known by all of the crew members, so, no big introduction. And I think if he could be made "nice" by Geordi (some changes to the positronic brain, maybe :bow: ) he could even get the new Data... :P Well, that was just my mind thinking some... impossible stuff :blink:

Anyway. I would like to see Lore as a villain or whatever in a TNG movie. That's what I wanted to say ;):bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

i would love it if they put the romantic emphasis on "old yellow eyes" and a young blond rather than Riker and Troi and have Lore come along and screw things up with out any tradegies involved like some fan fiction i read. it would be cool if both droids got some out of the same girl and fought over her! LOL! WHEN I THINK ABOUT THIS I FEEL LIKE I AM BLUSHING! perhaps she shouldn't be blond, but a brunette like me or Lal! LOL! BROTHERS: YOU CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM! LOL!

Edited by Alicia Zorkon

Lore is much more interesting when he is opposing Data. Not that Lore is by any means boring by himself. NO NO, but he is really brought out by Data. I'd love to see the brothers in conflict again. :saintdevil:

Lore is much more interesting when he is opposing Data. Not that Lore is by any means boring by himself. NO NO, but he is really brought out by Data. I'd love to see the brothers in conflict again. :saintdevil:

i agree. wouldn' it be cool if they fought over a woman too???

I would go see any star trek movie no matter who was in it. What can i say i like star trek. (Insane rocking backrounds and forwards on his chair while thinking about Star Trek and a little insane laugh with it.)

:P

Lore has the potential to be an awesome villain.As great as Khan,or the Borg Queen. It would be great to watch him take on our favorite Starfleet heroes on the big screen.I would want to see it. :bow:

Ya know you got a point there and now that's something I too would very much like to see but the trick would be in having a plausible explanation of why he was re-assembled. I don't think I would buy it if they said some Star Fleet geek put in a chit to examine him and I also would have a hard time believing someone could just waltz into whatever security area the parts are being stored at and steal them. Heck, I would bet all the parts are being stored in separate locations to prevent such an act.

Lore has the potential to be an awesome villain.As great as Khan,or the Borg Queen. It would be great to watch him take on our favorite Starfleet heroes on the big screen.I would want to see it. B)

Ya know you got a point there and now that's something I too would very much like to see but the trick would be in having a plausible explanation of why he was re-assembled. I don't think I would buy it if they said some Star Fleet geek put in a chit to examine him and I also would have a hard time believing someone could just waltz into whatever security area the parts are being stored at and steal them. Heck, I would bet all the parts are being stored in separate locations to prevent such an act.

Agreed. I personally believe that Data has Lore's head stashed somewhere and that only he would be able to get at ti, but that is just a guess. Possibly with our beloved Data (sniff) not active (sob) Lore is gone forever too. B) :huh: B)

Maybe B4 is going to get "lonely",or just curious about other Soong-type androids and go searching for his "brother".With Data's knowledge in his head,he'd know where Lore was.... :clap:

Sometimes curiosity overcomes better judgement.I've seen Data allow curiosity to get the best of him,before.

I would LOVE to see Lore on the big screen. It would work, even without Data. Brent Spiner is such a great actor, and Lore is an awesome villain.

"Yes!! Seeing Lore on the big screen would be awesome!"

Although I don't see how it could be done logically I would go see it, Lore might shed a real tear for his lost brother and that alone would be worth the price of admissions.