Sign in to follow this  
master_q

9/26-10/3

9/26-10/3

I said that one of these weeks we will have a special trivia week.

So I want the juices flowing on what we can do that week.

We can play random standard trivia.

Where I will ask Star Trek questions, but I’ll make sure I ask a question at a random time/day. Once I do that then you can answer the question by replying to that topic directly. If someone already answered the question and you think they are wrong then you can reply and give what you think the answer is. However, there are no bells and whistles on this.

Jeopardy

Again, when answering you just give your reply to the topic directly. (First Come First Serve.) Other then that it will be like the game-show.

Wheel of Fortune

First off I would randomly pick some of the newer participants. (Then I’ll ask them if they want to play.) They will take turns solving a puzzle. I will roll a die that has 12 faces (that will be the wheel).

The Weakest Link

(I know many of you don’t want to play this game, but just in case several others of you do.) Here I will also randomly pick some of the newer participants. It will be basically the same as the real game.

Star Trek Trivia Chain Game

Here I will ask some kind of question where the answer to the question is a list, sequence, or series. One person will build on another and another. The higher you can build up the chain the higher points will be made. If someone breaks that chain, then zero points will be made. (I’m making this up as I go. I would have to think a it more about it.)

If you have any ideas, then please post them.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I remember you put off having a session for the History of Flight (TUH;-) in favor of one for Mars, that would now be a very timely topic regardless of type of game played.

For History of Flight I might throw that in, in the future

Fridays coming (already!?) so I'll have to pick what we are going to do.

What I'll probably do is ask questions that require a series or sequence of answers.

Let's say that I asked "name all the series in a-b-c order." Only one of those series could be mentioned at a time. Each person would also be limited to posting in a specific topic. You can only post one reply in a specific topic per day.

The more people that post in a specific topic (assuming the answers were correct) then more points will be earned by everyone that replied. BUT the chance of someone giving a wrong answer will be slightly more likely. If someone has a monopoly, then few points will be made.

That's basically what I'm outlining. The specific details I'll make up tomorrow

Master Q

This Week . . . .

I said that we will be doing something different and I'm going to try to hold true on that.

Yesterday I was spouting off from my head to make some general template of what we will do. I'm going to use that idea, but I need to expand.

I think most understand the general idea, but one thing I have not talked about yet is how many points will come into play. I am also trying to remember “KISS” (keep it simple stupid!). I don't want the point system to get complex.

The number of points will depend on how many participants answered the question.

(The # of Answers will be constant.)

Examples)

# of Answers = 5 [constant]

# of Participants = 5

# of Points = 15

# of Participants = 4

# of Points = 14

# of Participants = 3

# of Points = 12

# of Participants = 2

# of Points = 9

# of Participants = 1

# of Points = 5

[EDIT, I need to add a few things]

“Someone gave a wrong answer above me”

If you think the person above you gave a wrong answer, then you may say so and correct them. However, if you are wrong then the team is not going to make any points.

The day after I post the question I will check to see if anyone gave an incorrect answer. If this has happened then the team will get no points. If the team gave only correct answers, but has not completed the question then that’s OK.

Master Q

Edited by master_q

I'd like to suggest, for clarity sake, that you include the original list item with your response.

Ex: if list was - name type of pet

Data

Archer

Worf

you would answer first

Data - cat

second person would answer

Archer - dog

Rather than assume we all know which one the first person answered this would make it clear. Hope I'm not being too picky.

I'd like to suggest, for clarity sake, that you include the original list item with your response.

Ex: if list was - name type of pet

Data

Archer

Worf

you would answer first

Data - cat

second person would answer

Archer - dog

Rather than assume we all know which one the first person answered this would make it clear. Hope I'm not being too picky.

Sounds good to me.

Master Q