Sign in to follow this  
SeeingEyeBorg

Dumb Question

If you're in the holodeck with the safeties off, can you be assimilated by Borg holograms?

:whistling:

I would say no because they're just simulations and don't have the nanoprobes and other things that would be needed for actual assimilation. You could be hurt or killed, but not assimilated.

If you're in the holodeck with the safeties off, can you be assimilated by Borg holograms?

I would say no because they're just simulations and don't have the nanoprobes and other things that would be needed for actual assimilation. You could be hurt or killed, but not assimilated.

Unless the computer was producing a simulation accurate down to the microscopic level...in which case the nanoprobes might actually be able to act like real nanoprobes...and if the computer weren't programmed to know that nanoprobes could be very harmful and unwanted from a human perspective, it might actually see the process as beneficial upgrades for the human! Except there's that problem of when you leave the holodeck becoming totally stripped of the mechanisms that you're body may or may not now rely on......

:clap:

Unless the computer was producing a simulation accurate down to the microscopic level...in which case the nanoprobes might actually be able to act like real nanoprobes...and if the computer weren't programmed to know that nanoprobes could be very harmful and unwanted from a human perspective, it might actually see the process as beneficial upgrades for the human! Except there's that problem of when you leave the holodeck becoming totally stripped of the mechanisms that you're body may or may not now rely on......

In order for the nanoprobes to be dangerous they would have to be replicated by the computer and not simulated however complex technology, like nanoprobes, cannot be replicated.

I don't think that it's so much that you can "take the safeties off" as it is that they had to put safeties on. If something is added then it can be taken off.

Can you get pregnant in the hol?

Is there something you would like to confess, Cara?....... :sniffle:

Is there something you would like to confess, Cara?....... :b-day:

No, I was thinking of it when watching an episode of TNG where Will Riker and Deanna Troi were in the holodeck I thought, "What if?"

:elephant::elephant::sniffle::elephant:

Is there something you would like to confess, Cara?....... :b-day:

No, I was thinking of it when watching an episode of TNG where Will Riker and Deanna Troi were in the holodeck I thought, "What if?"

:elephant::elephant::sniffle::elephant:

If the Will and Deanna on the holodeck were real and not holograms then it would be just as possible for Deanna to become pregnant in the holodeck as it would be for her to get pregnant in a shuttle, sickbay or her quarters. It is not possible for a hologram to give birth to a "real" child nor for a hologram to impregnate a "real" woman.

Talk about a head rush, when I opened this post Cara's question popped up. I had to RACE to the top to find out what was going on. Not being up on holodeck images, would it be any fun trying. :sniffle:

Talk about a head rush, when I opened this post Cara's question popped up. I had to RACE to the top to find out what was going on. Not being up on holodeck images, would it be any fun trying. :sniffle:

:elephant::elephant::elephant: Not the intention at all, Beth.!

Ok what if a real person and a hologram?

Ok what if a real person and a hologram?

A real person and a hologram cannot produce a real child. As has been previously said, the holodeck uses holographic and replicator technology in programs.

Complex organisms (ie humans, animals, etc.) and technology (nanoprobes) cannot be replicated so in a holodeck program holographic representations of people cannot produce real sperm or ovum as both are too complex to be replicated thus a holographic image cannot impregnant a real person nor can a holographic image give birth to a real child.

Lt. Barkley can attest to the fact that a real person cannot get a holographic person pregnant....... :sniffle:

Well, now...this has spawned some interesting dialogue. Pregnant by a hologram? LOL - good luck explaining that one to the parents. I bet some dumb teenage girl in the 24th century would try to blame a hologram....

Except there's that problem of when you leave the holodeck becoming totally stripped of the mechanisms that you're body may or may not now rely on......

:eekout:

Guy walks out of a holodeck... "Hey, where'd my arm go?!"

Those holodeck suites are pretty small. Physically. I assume the projection (and perhaps the floor?) is what is really moving when they walk about. But what would happen if two real people in the holodeck both started walking in different directions and didn't stop. Shouldn't one of the slam the wall sooner or later?

Those holodeck suites are pretty small. Physically. I assume the projection (and perhaps the floor?) is what is really moving when they walk about. But what would happen if two real people in the holodeck both started walking in different directions and didn't stop. Shouldn't one of the slam the wall sooner or later?

I've been wondering about that myself. I assume the perrception changes depending on where you're standing.

I'll have to get out my TNG tech manual. It tells all about holodecks.