Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

Command Chair makes anyone feel like Captain Kirk

Star Trek Command Chair makes anyone feel like Captain Kirk

kirkschair.jpg

Feeling powerless? Escape to the captain’s chair from the Star Trek original series, and start barking out orders and making dramatic pronouncements as your family rolls their eyes. Just don’t let the missus see that credit card bill when it zips over $1000 out of your cash hoard at a speed exceeding warp nine. Start carrying around a Star Trek communicator when you're away from home, and your apparent insanity will have come full circle.

Comparing it to the original prop from the ‘60s TV series in the picture above, it looks remarkably similar, and its makers have outfitted the chair with authentic sound effects and blinkenlights. For those who are less imaginative, there’s some sampled dialog you can play back, but we’re thinking that could get annoying fast. Just tell your guests not to push that button, or it will accidentally jettison them in an escape pod.

Exact pricing and delivery dates are sketchy, but it should be available sometime in 2009. Hit Continue for a larger pic of the chair.

dstcaptchair.jpg

Via Retrothing

That is just tooooo cool! I want one! I can't afford it, but I want one!

This is going right in front of my big screen TV. I don't care how much it costs. I'm getting it!

This is going right in front of my big screen TV. I don't care how much it costs. I'm getting it!
I hear ya! I want one as well.

Maybe I could be like that guy [that we never see] in DS9 that likes to get his picture taken behind famous people's desks...except I'd actually collect their chairs!

I'd have the TOS captain's chair, the TNG captain's if I could manage it, all of the other captain's chairs, the chairs from the observation lounges and Kirk's briefing room, OH OH the chairs that magically disappear underneath the the panels on the TNG bridge (those are my favorite and took me [hehe] years to notice), those little 5-square-inch bench chairs that flank the 3 in the middle of the TNG bridge, Odo's chairs, the insectoid chairs from ENT, Deanna's therapy chairs, the ready room chairs, and the backless chairs from Quark's bar! More to come after that's taken care of... :hand:

I'd probably want a TNG command chair, but not a Kirk chair... but then, I couldn't afford the TNG chair anyway... and I wouldn't know where to put it... :superhappy:

Looks something like a 5 year old would make out of a cardboard box.

I agree with Mrs P., the TNG ones were better. I can't imagine why she'd want one of those chairs! :Hmmm...::superhappy::rolleyes: :biggrin:

I agree with Mrs P., the TNG ones were better. I can't imagine why she'd want one of those chairs! :Hmmm...::rolleyes: :biggrin: :Hmmm...:

Weeeell... I'd like to sit in it... and hug it and cuddle it and think about Jean-Luc... :superhappy::laugh: But I'd have no money for the chair anyway, so they'd better not even start producing it or I will be majorly frustrated. -.- *lol*

I agree with Mrs P., the TNG ones were better. I can't imagine why she'd want one of those chairs! :Hmmm...::rolleyes: :biggrin: :Hmmm...:

Weeeell... I'd like to sit in it... and hug it and cuddle it and think about Jean-Luc... :superhappy::laugh: But I'd have no money for the chair anyway, so they'd better not even start producing it or I will be majorly frustrated. -.- *lol*

:laugh:

Well they aren't in production, but remember that the one from the set and a few others HAVE been sold pulicly.