Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gotabite

Gotabite Update

Can hardly wait to get off work today......getting ready to take my little motor home and head for the Great Smokey Mountains, with my friend.........Cherokee NC to be exact. I look forward to going there at least once a year. Although it is quite a tourist spot, Cherokee is also a beautiful area, with a lot of history behind its origin. I love camping, and have enjoyed this form of vacationing since my son was an adolescent (many, years ago). I once covered 17 states in two weeks with my motor home. Anyway. I will share some of my vacation when I return. I will miss what ever hits my part of NC from Hurricane Isabel. I do hope there is no loss of life......as I am aware that some residents on the coast of North Carolina and Virginia are planning to stay put, in spite of the mandatory evacuation that has been issued here in NC. Well anyway, I'll talk to you when I return............... :tear:

Hello again.................I have returned from a very memorable vacation. My friend and I went up into the beautiful, breath taking Great Smokey Mountains on the Cherokee Indian Reservation for 5 days. It was a very romantic, as well as spritual experience. My friend though Cherokee, did not grow up on the reservation, and had never been to Cherokee.....so it was particularly moving to see how this exposure profoundly touched and impacted his soul...................... :blink:

Welcome back Gotabite! Sounds like you and your friend had a great time; nature is a very powerful force. I used to be very close to nature before I moved to the city and lost touch with it. A few years back we took an overnight camping trip to the local mountains and I swear I heard nature's voice whispering in my ear, welcoming me back.

Welcome back Gotabite! Sounds like you and your friend had a great time; nature is a very powerful force. I used to be very close to nature before I moved to the city and lost touch with it. A few years back we took an overnight camping trip to the local mountains and I swear I heard nature's voice whispering in my ear, welcoming me back.

So glad to read your response and to know that nature can still tug at your inner being. I wish more people would want to share the kind of experience wherein they were immersed in the powerful emotional journey that can be theirs when you experience the sounds of nature at night, the sounds and sights of the dawning of a new day, the peacefulness that becomes yours as you watch a gurgling river running freely down its rocky path, while trout dart about, showing off the rainbows in their coloring. The real majesty of the mountains towering above you, as the clouds encircle and hide their peaks. Camping brings about so much reverence and respect for the land and our wild life. I relax, sleep better, and it takes me away.....at least for a little while to a place without stress, tension and chaos..................Sure wish it could last forever...................... :assimilated:

Just wanted to let all of you know as this year comes to an end, how happy I am to have discovered my Star Trek family here on this web site. I don't get to post as much as many of you. My work is very demanding, as I work during the day, and also have a second job several nights a week. But I try to get to the boards in between phone calls during the day. B) I enjoy so much our discussion and debate topics. I also enjoy all of "the regulars" and getting to know all of the newcomers.

2003 has been an interesting year for me. It brought many blessings. But it was also a very stressful year for me, in that I've been mentally coping with the hard ships of someone who is very close to me. In addition watching my mother deteriorate from dementia and Parkinson's disease has also been difficult.

My own health has been an issue for me for many, many years now. Seems like since my 40's I have been in and out of the hospital every two years for one surgery or another. I count my blessings that I have had great doctors, who manage to put me back together. And so far, I've been able to conquer each issue that I've had to face. I try not to complain too much. God knows that things could certainly be worse. But as the new year begins I find myself facing another surgery in another month or two, again after a period of about two years. Perhaps during the time I am out of work, I can do a lot more posting. B) B)....But on the serious side, I'm confident that with my faith in God I will be fine. Still, I will keep you posted and would appreciate your prayers.

Sorry to hear about your medical problems Gotabite..I hope everything goes well for you. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery...

This is definitely quite an update, as I've not written anything here in months.......First of all I am wondering if there are any other lady "fisherpersons" on this web site besides myself. My dad started me fishing with a cane fishing pole when I was but a "tot." I have come to love the sport since then, and have become a master fisherperson, if I do say so myself. :flowers: Unfortunately, I was not able to get my son to embrace the sport........probably because of his ADHD. But for myself fishing is not only exciting, and challenging, it is also a means of relaxation when I am sitting on the bank of a lake, or on a pier at the ocean, or fishing in the ocean surf...........Last weekend I went to the North Carolina coast to my favorite area the Salter Path/Emerald Isle area........There is a pier there that is built around where an old Iron Steamer sank, many years ago......fish love to play in and around that Iron Steamer. This time of year the weather is cooler, and the larger fish come back closer to the surf................I brought back 136 nice size fish. I caught more than that, but threw the smaller ones back. I have a freezer full now..........enough to last all winter...........They don't call me Gotabite for nothing. :cloud9::laugh::bow:

fHey Gottabite! I'm no "lady fisherperson" but, you know that I enjoy fishing, as well. Right now, its walleyes and sauger on the Mississippi River. Most usually fish near one of the many lock and dams. I don't fish for them, as I don't have a boat. Someday.... haha! My son Luke would absolutely love it if I did. :flowers:

BTW, are you anywhere near th Grand Strand? My brother was stationed at Myrtle Beach some years ago, and told me that the Beach is very nice. Maybe someday I will make it out there. I would like to visit Kitty Hawk, as well.

Later! Jaz :pepsi:

Well I don't know the slightest thing about fishing, but it sure is good to see you in personal logs again. :flowers:

Myrtle Beach, SC is about 4 hours from where I live in Greensboro, NC. But I have been there...........I prefer our NC beaches. :laugh: :blink: Kitty Hawk, which is in NC is about a 7 hour drive from me.....but well worth the trip. There is so much history out there on the outter banks of NC..........We don't have Walleye down this way. But I understand they are delicious.....would love to ge up that way and check them out.

fHey Gottabite!  I'm no "lady fisherperson" but, you know that I enjoy fishing, as well.  Right now, its walleyes and sauger on the Mississippi River.  Most usually fish  near one of the many lock and dams.  I don't fish for them, as I don't have a boat.  Someday.... haha!  My son Luke would absolutely love it if I did. O_o

BTW, are you anywhere near th Grand Strand?  My brother was stationed at Myrtle Beach some years ago, and told me that the Beach is very nice.  Maybe someday I will make it out there.  I would like to visit Kitty Hawk, as well.

Later!  Jaz  :pepsi:

276540[/snapback]

I'm back Jeanway.......I did that about a week ago.

Have fun GAB, I'll miss you :laugh:

277095[/snapback]

[/size][/color]

I'm back Jeanway.......I did that about a week ago.

Have fun GAB, I'll miss you :P

277095[/snapback]

[/size][/color]

277109[/snapback]

:) I thought I hadn't seen you around in about a week. :laugh: Then I figured you'd be off again :blink: Well, Welcome Back!!! O_o :) :tear: Glad to see ya!!! O_o:nono:

Well today is November 2.......voting day in the US. We had early voting here in NC, until Saturday, and about 500,00 turned out....me included. But even with early voting, the lines are still unbelievably long today in North Carolina.........This is a very important election......And there have already been some very ugly things that have gone on in attempts to keep certain people from voting in states that had the early voting....This morning I began to hear about even more attempts that are happening right now to challenge/intimidate certain people at the polls...........I just want to urge all eligible American voters to VOTE!!!....It is your right as a citizen of this country. Don't let anyone take this right away!!!! Stand up to the intimidators, and tell them to move aside......Today's issue are too important, to allow anyone to deter you from expressing your opinion at the polls. :flex::hug::flex:

Well, I'm not in the greatest of moods today.....and those of you who know me well, understand why...........still, I can stand up straight, because in my heart I believe a better day will still come in time.........we may hit rock bottom before it happens.........but I do believe it will come

I was in charge of a large conference for mental health case managers Monday through Wednesday. So I'm just getting back to the boards. We had over 800 in attendance at this conference. Before I left for the conference, my supervisor came to me and said that it had been reported to him that I was spending time on a Str Trek web site..........I asked him weren't we all allowed 15 minute breaks in the morning and afternoon? I also asked him whether he could ever account for me not getting my work assignments done?...............The back stabbing, pettiness, and small minded, nosey, busy bodies, that have nothing better to do than to try to start trouble in the office, still amazes me. I use to be criticized for not being more social.........Well the criticisms will get worse......becasue, I have shut my door to all, unless they knock.........

Haven't been on this site during the Christmas Holidays. Must say I had a better Christmas than expected. My son came home.from California. He wasn't able to stay long. But we we had a good visit. There were no arguments with other family members during the holidays for a change. Even had a brief encounter with my ex husband which went well. This was a very nice nice Christmas for a change. :hat: :assimilated: