Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

[S]"Anomaly" air date 9/17

Folks, they said it's good. In fact, they said it's real good. That bodes more than well because the few Canadians who get it early are the most picky, negative prissy pants of the whole lot of ENT fans with whom I'm familiar. Mike Sussman wrote it instead of Rick and Brannon. There's a rather fascinating spoiler that the Canadians seemed to be most enthusiastic about; they opined that they might be able to take the efforts to liven up the show more seriously now because....

Click for Spoiler:

Crewman Fuller is killed during an attack. Archer is really coming alive, and Trip and Malcolm apparently share a wonderful scene in the mess hall discussing Fuller's death.

:huh: :tear: :huh:

Click for Spoiler:

Do they specify Fuller's gender? On my mainfest Fuller is female I believe originally mentioned in Shockwave 2. Mostly kept to herself. Anyway, this is waht I was waiting for, a death. I'm not morbid but it had to happen sooner or later (plus when crewmen die they say their names, which will help the manifest). Anyway, any other crewmen mentioned?

spoiler box added by Alterego.

I can't wait for the episode to air tonight. Sounds like we're in for a good one!

Yahoo!!!

Click for Spoiler:

Do they specify Fuller's gender? On my mainfest Fuller is female I believe originally mentioned in Shockwave 2. Mostly kept to herself. Anyway, this is waht I was waiting for, a death. I'm not morbid but it had to happen sooner or later (plus when crewmen die they say their names, which will help the manifest). Anyway, any other crewmen mentioned?

spoiler box added by Alterego.

Spoilers are within:

Click for Spoiler:

I just finished watching, Fuller is male Reed made comment that "He won't be so easy to replace".

This was a really good episoed. I especially liked the part where Archer is about to allow the alien (I forget the race he's from) to die in the decompression chamber.

I must say though that I am a little tired of seeing the ship so vulnerable that alien's can board the ship at will and take what they please. They need to move away from that kind of storyline.

I'd give this episode.... maybe an 8 or 9 out of 10.

Click for Spoiler:

In tonights eppisode Archer put the alien in the chamber and starts decompreson sequense remeber when janeway did this in Equinox part 2 they both were on a similar mission and just as angery

:force::dude::eek: :borgqueen: :dude::tear: :huh: :huh:

WOW!

Click for Spoiler:

That was one of the best episodes I have ever seen! If the rest of the series keeps up the same high quality/entertainment, then Enterprise could turn out to be the best one yet!!! I especially liked how Archer is starting to shed his happy-go-lucky self and becoming much, much darker. His pure hatred in the decompression scene was great. And woo-hoo! A crewman died! (Not to sound morbid or anything. I just think the stakes seem so much higher now that the crew knows they are not invincible!)

All in all, that episode rocked!!! That cloaked metal planet was so cool! And how determined Archer is was great! (I did think the crew took waaaaaay too many unneccesary risks like entering the metal planet without knowing what was inside, and staying in the cloak field so long, but it really added to the suspense. )

9.99/10!!!

Edited by bysty

Wow oh wow, one great episode!

Click for Spoiler:

The only part that bothered me was when Archer nearly killed the alien to get information out of him. Yes, they're trying to save Earth here, but still, the scene bothered me.

I'm also glad that Archer toughens up instead of becoming a Kirk-clone. :huh: The music was great with this episode! Sounded cinematic or like something out of an X-Files episode. :tear:

All in all, I give tonight's episode a 10. :huh:

Click for Spoiler:

The only part that bothered me was when Archer nearly killed the alien to get information out of him.  Yes, they're trying to save Earth here, but still, the scene bothered me.

Click for Spoiler:

That was one part I loved, it was real and it was appropriate I believe for the circumstances. I think if he hadn't done that they would have lost some measure of credibility.

Pretty good stuff, huh? Much improved. Any pertinent comments that you want to go in the letter, post it here. I have to drop it in the mail in the early a.m. before I head out of town for an unexpected appointment, so post them tonight.

I know one thing--I will "encourage" as bluntly as possible (without being too obnoxious) Ms. Ostroff to promote Mike Sussman to the head writer position and make Mr. Moonves (and Mel Karmazin, I got another address) aware that ST could be a VIABLE series once again if Michael Sussman is given the credit that is his due. Tonight was his first solo effort. He usually writes with Phyllis Strong; they wrote "Cease Fire," "Future Tense," and other outstanding episodes. Does anybody object? I'm serious. THis man managed to incorporate small character moments into an action packed episode. There is NO REASON that B&B should be writing more when he's around.

I loved it.

Click for Spoiler:

I loved Trip and Malcolm's depressed conversation in the mess hall. I loved that Archer yanked that guy into decompression the minute he found out his crewman was dead. I loved the pace. I loved the hysterical bit about Trip acknowledging that T'Pol was better than leeches. :tear: Too funny. :huh:

Any other comments you want included, post them here. If you would like your real name included, post it here.

Wasn't Trip cool going after those bad guys with the pipe? Evokes memories of that future great James. T. Kirk. :huh:

Edited by MoulinRouge

Click for Spoiler:

That's true :tear: , the scene was necessary, I just don't like that kind of brutallity.

Click for Spoiler:

True but without it they would have never gotten the Xindi database and this could be the key to the whole season... that Database that is. Sometimes brutality is the only way to do things when you are at war.

Click for Spoiler:

Yeah, it was a little brutal but I think it was intended to give us a glimpse of how the "weight of the world" is waring on Archer. He can't tip toe anymore, he has to use brute force. But that is not unheard of in Star Trek. In Equinox Janeway used a similar tactic as Korthedaharmaster pointed out. What was ironic was that Janeway used it as a result of her morals which was driving her to catch Ransom while Archer abandoned his. I don't know if I like the "new" Archer but I think it is necessary to show him like that.

Lets just go straight for

Click for Spoiler:

Amazing episode. Archer really has the sense of urgency and desperation now...that has been needed to fufill his character a little more. Tonight, he was truly a captain. He had to make a tough decision (by putting the guy in the airlock] and it played out to his favor. The sphere was interesting... This is very nit-picky, but I wonder why the sphere didn't have a defense system other than the cloak? Maybe they thought the cloak was enough... Anyways, great action and dialouge this time and the FX were incredible tonight! My mind is still stuck with the image of Archer loading the database. Bring next week on already!

the spoiler function shall we?

Ah..overall I'll give it a 9.9/10 ...no episode can be perfect, but this one wasn't too far off! Lets keep season 3 episodes at this level!

Edit - This is the highest that I've ranked an episode. I think that I liked it better than last seasons' "Cease Fire" and "Future Tense." Probably because the adrenaline was much faster tonight it seemed.

Edited by SuraksSoul

Click for Spoiler:

That's true :tear: , the scene was necessary, I just don't like that kind of brutallity.

Click for Spoiler:

True but without it they would have never gotten the Xindi database and this could be the key to the whole season... that Database that is. Sometimes brutality is the only way to do things when you are at war.

True, but I still don't like it. Made the episode great though! :huh:

Stardate:213712.9

Very awsome episode!!!!!!!Definitly one of the best if not the best ENT episode.

Click for Spoiler:

The scene with Archer putting that alien in the chamber was very good and was very neccsary IMO.

My favorite scene is at the very end were Archer is looking at the Xindi Database and the look on his face as the screen reflected off.Sent chills down my spine.That look was of pure hatred.Archer is now a man who knows that he cant stop for nothing and he cant let his morals or anything get in the way.If that means killing people then so be it.You kill one of his men he kills one of yours.The Dark Archer has arrived and every body better hit the deck :tear:

IMO this episode should of been the season premier.It would of set a better tone to the season

10/10

spoiler box added by poguemahone

Edited by poguemahone

Click for Spoiler:

Anyone Notice That The Pirate Ship Looked Like A Repainted, Modified Voyager:tear:

Yes, I noticed that right away. :huh:

Another thing:

Click for Spoiler:

Did anyone notice Reed mention stem-bolts when they were searching through the stolen cargo? For some reason that made me chuckle. It was a nice inclusion. For those of you who don't remember, self sealing stem-bolts were mentioned in a ds9 episode when Nog and Jake bought a lot of them in hopes of selling them to a Bajoran. It was a running joke that they were so useful but nobody knew what they were for.

While I enjoy the more "action orriented" pace, I don't like this "Dark Archer". Without his morals, he might as well be as bad as the Xindi. On another thought, killing one of their crew becuase they killed one of yours? I don't agree with this at all and was glad to see Archer have the Osarrian sent to the cargo hold in the sphere.

I loved that episode! I give it 9.5/10 stars. :blink:

Edited by shrek

Click for Spoiler:

Anyone Notice That The Pirate Ship Looked Like A Repainted, Modified Voyager?  :blink:

YES!!! that was my first thought when i saw it!

While I enjoy the more "action orriented" pace, I don't like this "Dark Archer".  Without his morals, he might as well be as bad as the Xindi.  On another thought, killing one of their crew becuase they killed one of yours?  I don't agree with this at all and was glad to see Archer have the Osarrian sent to the cargo hold in the sphere.

i am the complete opposite. i absolutely LOVE the new darker archer. it gives the series so much more intensity. hes great. and the best part is that enterprise is set in a much more brutal time period, so we need a much more brutal captain. when he first set out, he was full of hope and courage, but after encountering so many bad guys, his morals are being corrupted. sisko was interesting because he was disturbed, and now archer will be even more interesting because he is angry and dark. mwahahaha.

Wow, so much to comment on. I disagree with most of what everyone has said about Archer.

Click for Spoiler:

Are you sure he was going to let that man die or was he bluffing.

Several of you used the expression "lost his morals" because he showed he could be harsh. I rather think that if Archer had truly lost his morals...he would take his state of the art starship and book it over to some peaceful part of the galaxy and leave Earth to its own woes while he and his crew made merry with some friendly alien races. I don't think any commanding officer is chosen because he sparkles during the good times but rather has shown he can do what it takes during the hard times.

When the USA began its war on terrorism I remember Sec of State Powell making the comment - I am paraphrasing - that to be successful we might need to deal with some unsavory characters.

CLJP, I am surprised.

Click for Spoiler:

Archer wasn't threatening to kill this man because he killed a member of his crew. He was trying to get information that would save the lives of every man, woman and child and the Earth. I believe on another thread [death penalty] you even said killing to save lives was justified...so why not threatening to kill for the same reason.

In the end Archer

Click for Spoiler:

let the osarian go. The Osarian warned mercy would be Archer's undoing but I got the feeling from Archer's look that he was tired but at this point still determined to not let that happen.

I also think Trips words to Malcolm were very poignant -

Click for Spoiler:

"...win or lose - I am thinking this is a one way trip". Working to save others at the possible risk of your own life seems moral to me.

I think it would be interesting to think about what you might do in a desperate situation...which is what ENT is in.

The one thing that bugged me. In an all's fair in love and war sort of way

Click for Spoiler:

why didn't they take more supplies from the sphere rather than just recovering what was stolen from them. If I had been Archer I would have been tearing that sphere apart to find some Tritanium D"

Nobody has mentioned this, and it's probably not the most important thing in the grand scheme of things, but I LOVED the special effects. I really enjoyed Archer's coffee cup hanging in mid-air.

Nobody has mentioned this, and it's probably not the most important thing in the grand scheme of things, but I LOVED the special effects.  I really enjoyed Archer's coffee cup hanging in mid-air.

i agree. the enterprise with its nacelles not lit up looked amazing!

Another thing I LOVED about this episode was the score. The music was so great! It was movie quality!

Another thing I LOVED about this episode was the score. The music was so great! It was movie quality!

I agree!! I wish they'd put out a soundtrack with this season's scores. This one was exceptional.

Nitpick Warning - I just noticed this when I watched it again.

Click for Spoiler:

At the very end it looks like Archer gives a voice command to the computer to load the Xindi database. I didn't think the Enterprise's computers were advanced enough to take voice commands.

In reply to the comments on Archer, I don't think he's lost his morales. He's walking a very fine line out of desperation, but he doesn't destroy the ship or kill the prisoner. I love the inner conflict that's developing in him.

He's always had an over-developed sense of responsibility, and now he's taken on a mission that runs contrary to his nature. I hardly think he trained and prepared his whole life to be a military commander. He's an explorer who wanted to approach the universe with wonder and openness. He wanted to be an example of how humanity had grown and learned from their past. Instead, he's having to rely on ancient, almost animal instincts to protect his people. And as he said, he's willing to accept living with remorse if he has too, to get the job done.

I think he's being very selfless. He's going to complete his mission even though he suspects that it will destroy him. He's willing to pay any personal price, be it mental or physical.

Judging from how rumpled and tense he looked (and isn't Scott gorgeous when he's angst ridden) even at the very beginning of the episode, I don't think he's getting any more sleep than Trip. He's just not letting on. It's interesting that he and Trip are going through the same kinds of things, and yet they're not willing to lean on each other. They're covering around each other, trying to handle everything on their own. Stubborn men, both of them.

I really hope we get to see this relationship develop. The chemistry between Scott and Conner is just sooo good.

It's interesting that he and Trip are going through the same kinds of things, and yet they're not willing to lean on each other. They're covering around each other, trying to handle everything on their own. Stubborn men, both of them.

I really hope we get to see this relationship develop. The chemistry between Scott and Conner is just sooo good.

I noticed this as well. In "The Xindi" Trip covers in sickbay when Archer asks him if he's all right when Trip first comes to visit Phlox for his insomnia. One wonders if he's told Archer that he's not sleeping. In "Anomaly," Trip gets his "concerned" voice in sickbay.

"You worried?"

"Weapons," is the terse response.

Before, Archer would have jumped at the chance for Trip's ear. Both men are protecting each other, not wanting to add to the other's burden. It's not surprising considering their rather complex, unequal relationship. It also allows for the contrast of Trip's relationship with Malcolm. Scott and Connor have a fantastic chemistry, but Archer and Trip are not best friends in the strictest sense of the word. They love each other dearly, but Archer is the much older brother/ mentor/protector who cares deeply but doesn't necessarily share everything with his younger friend. Malcolm is Trip's best friend. :blink:

Edited by MoulinRouge

While watching the encore last night a couple questions came to mind.

1. Did Archer have some idea going into the Expanse it would be a one way trip?

He hung his head when the O'Saurian told him the thermal-baric cloud does not allow a ship to exit.

2. While the crew was in the Sphere, do you think they found and 'borrowed' a supply of trillium-D?

Just wondering.