Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Who'll replace William Peterson?

I don't think there is anything official about this article - just one guy's speculation - but I will say should a certain one of those actors mentioned get the role - I would start watching CSI again.

film.com

You may have problems with the link - doesn't work with IE but works with Firefox - don't know why?

A few years ago Amy suggested I watch CSI so I did and discovered that it was a really, really good show. That was probably 5 years ago. Since then I've been able to watch every episode through re-runs and first airing. So I'm pretty much a fan of the show.

That said, I don't know if the show can survive losing 3 main characters in 1 year this far along into it's run. Sure M*A*S*H was able to lose Henry, Trapper John, Frank and then eventually Radar but those were drawn out for the most part and 2 of the 3 were fairly early in the series.

As it was I didn't think the show would be on the air much longer simply because shows just don't run as long as they used to (Gunsmoke ran for 20 years or Bonanza 14 years). Thinking about it now, it's odd for me to believe that I remember a TV show in it's first run in 1975 that first aired the same year my parents graduated high school in 1955. :blink:

Anyway, as for him replacing Grissom it's interesting but I will always see him as the guy from the movie "Somekind of Wonderful" lol.

Anyway, as for him replacing Grissom it's interesting but I will always see him as the guy from the movie "Somekind of Wonderful" lol.

I like Eric Stolz okay but his wasn't the name on the list that got my attention.

I like Eric Stolz okay but his wasn't the name on the list that got my attention.

I actually didn't read the list lol I just saw the picture and figured the article was about him. Of that list Bacon might be interesting and I think Treat Williams would be good in it but the others... I don't know.

From what I've read - they are actually planning a somewhat younger and athletic character - or at least that's one description I've read - which makes no sense to then read they considered John Malkovich. I've also read the character is supposed to have some genetic "issue" they were vague on this but apparently the character has personal demons.

I've been hearing rumors that Alex O'Loughlin :blink: might replace him. As much as I'd love to see him back on TV, he might be too young for the part.

Besides, I (and lots of other people) have been boycotting CBS since they canceled Moonlight, so I'll have to watch "the new guy" when the new season turns up on Spike (unless it's Alex O'Loughlin! :o ).

Besides, I (and lots of other people) have been boycotting CBS since they canceled Moonlight,

Yes, Alex is quite young - absolutely gorgeous but quite young. It's funny I remember you weren't sure about Moonlight when it first started. As for boycotting CBS - I got rid of cable altogether after they cancelled Jericho.

I have mixed feelings about seeing an actor I like end up in a CSI type show - I'd rather see Skeet in something with substance rather than the cookie cutter tecno-jargon of the week type show. But since I'm convinced tv will never have another drama with substance I guess we should be happy to see our favorite actors at all.

Besides, I (and lots of other people) have been boycotting CBS since they canceled Moonlight,

<snip>

I have mixed feelings about seeing an actor I like end up in a CSI type show - I'd rather see Skeet in something with substance rather than the cookie cutter tecno-jargon of the week type show. But since I'm convinced tv will never have another drama with substance I guess we should be happy to see our favorite actors at all.

I know what you mean. I became a fan of Skeet after seeing him in Jericho, and as much as I'd like to see him and Alex back on TV soon, I'd prefer having them in something good - or at least a good current series where they'll fit in.

Unfortunately. with the networks it's not about quality - it's all about $ $ $. :)

The new guy played a college professor on the show...some African-American actor. I haven't seen much of CSI in a while becuase I'm always out on Thursday nights now...and, in my opinion, the show went down hill after they killed Warrek.

Lawrence Fishburn is the name of the dude. And he's been in at least three Big-Name movies: The Matrix trilogy. His charactor isn't technically filling Grissom's role, as the good Dr. is an Entry-Level CSI (Catherine Willows took over as the Supervisor.)