Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Star Wars: The Clone Wars To Premiere at Egyptian Theatre

this is a brand new CGI movie, not the animated one that was on Cartoon Network

But isn't it the same exact story or is it different?

Good question. I cannot find a definitive statement by GL or anyone explaining if this new film replaces or compliments the old CN series.

I am going to go on record here saying I think it is a re-imagining of the old CN short series, (now the truth with will begin pouring in!) For now I am considering that series a sort of teaser for what was to come later; this new release.

One clue I found in the preview is a character, (a female Sith who lured Annikin away from his post in the old CN series) who, if this came after the CN series w/should be dead but is alive and well in this film. It could be Annikin did not kill her as we thought we saw in the old CN series but I doubt it.

Next up after this release is a new CW 3-D animated series for CN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Th...ars_(TV_series)

I think (re-) telling this story in a theatrical release is a bit over the top, (GL always has to squeeze every dollar out of something) but the new CN 3D series is a good idea and one I look forward to since the CW was always of such great interest to me but didn't get the coverage in the PT, (or in the CN series) I hoped for.