Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Idea I came up with

Alright, here's an idea I just came up with, I wonder if anyone thinks of it as good. More and more cell phone providers are offering push to talk features on their cell phones and networks. Now, what if someone was to create a comm badge that linked up with the phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. A wireless comm badge that would work just like it does in Star Trek. One touch on the badge to answer or make the connection, two touches to end it.

It's a great idea! There are times when I'd like to talk "hands-free", but I don't want to wear that big ugly thing on my ear (especially since I have multiple piercings on both ears). A "comm badge" device would be ideal for me.

I'm sure someone will invent one soon - and I'll be one of the first to get it - if it's affordable!

I think that it would be a great idea if the price were right, but see a problem with the idea. Since it would be worn on the chest it how would you prevent people from hearing both sides of the conversation? a mini ear-piece perhaps? If you just wanted it to act as a speaker-phone it would be great. Much cooler looking than the current blue-tooth headsets that look like a low budget Borg :bag: implant.

Most push to talk phones I've seen use a speaker phone like system. It wouldn't be that great for a long discussion, just a quick few lines.

Alright, here's an idea I just came up with, I wonder if anyone thinks of it as good. More and more cell phone providers are offering push to talk features on their cell phones and networks. Now, what if someone was to create a comm badge that linked up with the phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. A wireless comm badge that would work just like it does in Star Trek. One touch on the badge to answer or make the connection, two touches to end it.

That's a good idea. Now excuse me while i go work on one so I can make millions of dollars off of your idea...