Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

We Remember

What a terrible desaster to remember. I clearly remember how shocked and horrified me and all the people I know have been during this day and how long this shock lasted.

What a sad day this was for all Americans two years ago. And today as I recall the horror, the sadness, the anger that I felt about it all; I also recall hoping that because of this tragedy some things would change...that this would be a teachable moment for us all...........................AND YET for me though I remember, I feel no safer in this country now from a terrorist attack than I did then...............Ben Laden is no closer to being captured now than he was at the time of the attack......................In spite of the war in Iraq, Saddam is still on the lose..........................I still pray for the families of those who lost their loved ones.........But I fear that our homeland is still quite vulnerable. :clap:

THIS IS TRULY A SAD DAY TO REMEMBER. but for those who SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES, and those who WENT TO ANOTHER DAY AT WORK, WE MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS DAY TO HONOR THEM. also we must keep vigil with our efforts abroad, and here at home to help keep our homes safe from more such cowardly attacks. we are, and will be safer here at home thanks to the men and women of our armed forces, and those in power to do something about it. they may not have caught bin laden, or saddam, but they are on the run, or are dead by now. either way i beleive we are in a country safer from terrorist attacks today, than 2 years ago.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.

"And thus be it ever when free men shall stand

Between their loved homes and the war's desolation

Blessed with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land

Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.

Then conquer we must, if our cause it is just,

And this be our motto, In God Is Our Trust.

And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

"Oh, beautiful for patriot dreams that see beyond the years.

Thine alabaster cities gleam, undimmed by human tears.

America! America! God shed His grace on thee.

And crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea!"

"And thus be it ever when free men shall stand

Between their loved homes and the war's desolation

Blessed with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land

Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.

Then conquer we must, if our cause it is just,

And this be our motto, In God Is Our Trust.

And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

"Oh, beautiful for patriot dreams that see beyond the years.

Thine alabaster cities gleam, undimmed by human tears.

America!  America!  God shed His grace on thee.

And crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea!"

Thank you for your excellent choice of words for this day! Many only know one verse of The Star Spangled Banner and America, The Beautiful, but these rarely sung verses are so appropriate, and well-said!

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims, and with all the survivors and loved ones, and all affected by the tragedy in any way. May the Lord comfort and keep them, and grant them peace of mind. May the Lord grant strength to this nation to face the future with courage and resolve, and the ability to face whatever is ahead.

9-11 was undoubtedly a horrible day for this country. It shows that the world is a long away from anything like a “utopia.” 9-11 shows that the world has evils. 9-11 united the US during that time.

It is always sad to view the images, video, and sound of that day. The horrors of that day are hard to describe. However, the real sad thing [now] is that many in this era of a “Microwave Society” have seemed to almost forget about what happened on that day. Maybe not that they forget but that they have put it aside. The unification is hard to find these days. It is hard to see. The blame for that goes to the main stream media and a certain political party. Ed Koch (a former major of New York City) talked about how certain people are not unifying the people, but trying to divide them.

It also concerns me how the mainstream press does not tell people the truth. They don’t talk about any good. They only tell you the bad and make it seem much worse then it really is. We have are brave men and women fighting terror and putting those evil doers on the run. 60% of Al Qaeda is gone. Over the past few months we did hear about a few major victories in getting people who were selling arms to terror. These victories can only mean that we are safer. When the blackout occurred the structuring of places like New York City to fix the problem were very swift and organized and much more so then post 9-11. Security measures have taken place in the airport (I can see a major difference). How can we not be safer? We are. It is a fact and if anyone wants to dispute it give real facts and arguments.

In Iraq they want us there. The first (and very recent) scientific poll shows that the majority of people want us there. The poll says that they want a democracy and if they could have a pick one country to model after they would pick the US. This is the exact opposite that is portrayed in the mainstream press / media.

I mourn the day, but it is sad that people have forgotten what we are fighting for and how just it is.

Fox News Photos:

Click for Spoiler:

3_22_091103_nyc_lights.jpg

“The ‘Tribute in Light’ memorial for the second anniversary of the attacks in New York City”

3_25_091103_wtc.jpg

“Jeanine Nagengast, left, of Seaford, N.Y., and her sister Diana DeVito, of West Hempstead, N.Y., look at the World Trade Center site”

20_23_091103_sept11c.jpg

“Thursday: President Bush and first lady Laura Bush take part in a moment of silence on the South Lawn of the White House.”

20_24_091103_sept11f.jpg

“A man wearing a Boston Police jacket lays a rose into a small pool shortly before the commemoration ceremony at the World Trade Center in New York.”

20_25_091103_sept11d.jpg

"A soldier plays taps at a wreath laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetary on Thursday."

20_26_091103_sept11e.jpg

“Family members and friends of those killed gather during the commemoration ceremony of the Sept. 11 attacks at the World Trade Center site.”

I’ll see everyone Friday.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Edited by master_q

I'd like to dedicate a moment of silence to all Them who died and to the Heros who died trying to save them...

Amen.

Time has been slow to cool the anger that I felt on September,11th,2001.I'm still not certain that I am completely over the disbelief and fear and hoplessness I felt on that morning.I send out a heartfelt prayer for those who perished and their families,and this nation.For our brave men and women engaged in conflict abroad,and for our President.

Time has been slow to cool the anger that I felt on September,11th,2001.I'm still not certain that I am completely over the disbelief and fear and hoplessness I felt on that morning.I send out a heartfelt prayer for those who perished and their families,and this nation.For our brave men and women engaged in conflict abroad,and for our President.

Same here. :clap:

I've never been good at coming up with appropriate things to say at times like this.Most of you have pretty much summed up all of the feelings I have on this anniversary.All I can add is,God speed to our soldiers(both American and British)in completing their tasks and safely returning home to their loved ones.May he send his angels to guard and keep them,may his grace bring them comfort.They are always in my prayers and my heart.

I've never been good at coming up with appropriate things to say at times like this.Most of you have pretty much summed up all of the feelings I have on this anniversary.All I can add is,God speed to our soldiers(both American and British)in completing their tasks and safely returning home to their loved ones.May he send his angels to guard and keep them,may his grace bring them comfort.They are always in my prayers and my heart.

I think your comments were very appropriate,therabidirishman. :bow: