Sign in to follow this  
hangon

Where you going for vacation?

Just a mindless thought but i was wondering where everyone is going this year if you are that is.

We are going first for 10 days to my brother in the south of france and then for 2 weeks to scotland to see my family :screwloose:

My last "Vacation" was in 1997 in Orlando... for my next Vacation? :screwloose: I'll have to think about that one for a little while... :roflmao:

Aren't you going to Vegas this year? Doesn't that count?..... ;)

My last "Vacation" was in 1997 in Orlando... for my next Vacation? :screwloose: I'll have to think about that one for a little while... :roflmao:

Aren't you going to Vegas this year? Doesn't that count?..... ;)

Do you mean the convention plans that were posted about? That's for the 2009 Convention (August 2009).

Since our vacation plans crapped out this year Robert and I were thinking of driving up to northern Arizona for a weekend or something. Neither of us is real big into vacations but we want to do something as a family even if it's just a couple of days.

In a few weeks we leave for our annual trek back to my homestate of Michigan. We go early for the Ann Arbor Art Faire, which is really about 5 fine art shows together. Last year when we were there it was right as the final Harry Potter book was about to be issued, so people were going about town in wizard robes, dark mark henna tatto's and lots of wood workers had made some really fantastic wands. We usually stay at my sisters, she has a house on a lake front. We also plan on making a side trip to Sandusky, Ohio to go to Cedar Point.

After a long weekend with my sister we head "up north" to the lake that my fathers family has been going to for the past 70 years, Hubbard Lake. It's the second largest inland lake in Michigan is is very remote, and peaceful. My entire family helped to build the home on the lakefront lot and it truly is the one place in the world that is "home" to me. When my Dad died 6 years ago my siblings and I decided that we'd always try to be there over Mom's birthday so that she'd never be alone on her special day. It's like a family reunion really. The cousins play together, we all get to drink margerita's and catch up on life, and of course get really good sun tans from all the sailing, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and just floating in the water on a hot day.

It's my favorite time of year.

My "vacation" is probably gonna be Shore Leave with a bunch of people, like Kor, Dabo Queen, and Seeingeyeborg.

I might go to D.C. again this summer if time allows, visit some family and hit some museums again. It's been 3 or 4 years since I was there last.

My vacation once again this year is going to be in Vegas at the Star Trek convention..