Sign in to follow this  
dbf

Spot/Data's Cat

I have been awake all night thinking of the name of the TNG episode in which Data gets Spot.

It's been eating me up!!!!!!I BEG of you ,PLEEEAAASE HEEEELP me,so I can sleep at night!!! :) :) B) B) :)

According to the Encyclopedia, 'Data's Day' was the first episode with Spot. He didn't get his name, though, until the episode 'In Theory'.

I actually know all that, I was on another forumy thing, Star Trek Universe.com, and that gave me TONS of experience.

I WAS UP ALL NIGHT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE NAME OF THE EPISODE WHEN DATA GET'S SPOT!!

I COULDN'T SLEEP!!!!I NEEEED YOU GUYS TO HELP ME OR I WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP FOR THE NEXT

COUPLE OF NIGHTS.I BEG OF YOU,PLEEEAAASE HELP ME!!!!!!! :blink: :) ;) ;) :bow:

Edited by Alterego

Or how about when Spot went from being male to female? Or went from being an orange Somali cat(no stripes) to an orange tabby cat?

Well i hope i'm not the only person who has noticed but i've watched all TNG seasons from start to finnish on DVD and i've noticed that Data's Cat Spot has been replaced several time. At the beginning of the series Spot was a Male long haired cat. Then towards the middle when the Enterprise crew was de-evolving Spot had Kittens and turned into a Lizard. But Had Kittens nonetheless, Therefore Spot was now Female. Then in Generations when Data found Spot in the wreck of the Enterprise and Cried. He said "I'm So Happy He is ok, yet I am Crying" HE is ok! And he was a Short Haired Cat. :borg2:

Could it possibly be a different Spot? They never say that Spot was replaced but they never say it's the same Spot either do thay?

I think it was more likely an oversight by the writers though, I had never noticed it.

You'd think so but I know a couple of people that name their pets the same thing from one pet to the next. One of my neighbors has 2 birds right now. One named "Sammy" the other named "Sammy 2" she had a squirrel before that. Know what it's name was? "Sammy" lol She has a 7 year old granddaughter... know what her name is? Yep Sammy.

Yeah, weird huh? :borg2: Was Spot was a transgender shape shifting alien? That would explain a lot.

You may be right AE. Here's what the ST Encyclopedia has to say about Spot's changes:

Spot first appeared in Data's Day, but didn't actually get a name until In Theory.  In Data's Day Spot was a male Somali cat, but in later appearances, Data's friend somehow became a female orange tabby.  We speculate that Spot may be a shape-shifter or an unfortunate victim of a transporter malfunction.

Well, as far as breeds go, Spot only changed breeds once, right? If that's the case, I would assume that Spot died and Data got a 2nd cat and named him Spot too who was allways a female, but usually referred to as a him for some reason.

Also, the episode where the crew devolves is "Genesis" durring the 7th/final season.

You may be right AE.  Here's what the ST Encyclopedia has to say about Spot's changes:

..... We speculate that Spot may be a shape-shifter or an unfortunate victim of a transporter malfunction.

Is TransporterMalfunction at it again? :borg2:;)

Yeah, weird huh? :) Was Spot was a transgender shape shifting alien? That would explain a lot.

You may be right AE. Here's what the ST Encyclopedia has to say about Spot's changes:

Spot first appeared in Data's Day, but didn't actually get a name until In Theory.  In Data's Day Spot was a male Somali cat, but in later appearances, Data's friend somehow became a female orange tabby.  We speculate that Spot may be a shape-shifter or an unfortunate victim of a transporter malfunction.

:)

TransporterMalfunction, what have you done?

:clap:

Maybe Data had different cats, but named them all Spot. :devil:

Maybe Data had different cats, but named them all Spot. :devil:

That has got to be it.

I believe the reason that the breed changed was that the real life cat died over the years in which TNG was coming out and I think that the only reason that spot had kitten ( or whatever ) was because he mutated into the lizard..... Star trek writers do not forget that easily the gender of a character

I believe the reason that the breed changed was that the real life cat died over the years in which TNG was coming out and I think that the only reason that spot had kitten ( or whatever ) was because he mutated into the lizard..... Star trek writers do not forget that easily the gender of a character
Spot was with kittens at the beginning of the show. Remember Dr. Crusher examed the cat. Also, with a Spot delivering kittens it gave Data a clue on how the cure the crew. :picard-sith: Edited by Odie