Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

do i have a problem?

now i thinkt there was a topic dealing with this but im not sure where or what. so here goes. i was walking through the parking lot at school today, and noticed a license plate that was EMH7234 something like that, as soon as i saw the EMH, the first thing that popped into my head was, guess what, emergency medical hologram. now is that a sickness or what? :lol: so got any "im a sick trekkie fan" stories of your own. i knew i had a problem as soon as that plate struck me that way. :tear: i was like emh, hhmmm that sounds fam........oh yeah!!!!!!!!! :(

I don't see any problem there cpt. Lessa Soong and I have had many conversations where something is said and I automatically think of something that happened in a TNG episode. That has happened to me many times.

Now if you see something that says LMH2776 and yo think Longterm Medical Hologram and the image of Dr. Bashir comes to your mind then you might be a red neck... err... Wrong reference there... But you know what I mean... lol :tear:

Stardate:213690.2

I have seen a license plate that read NCC-1701.I want to get one that says NCC-1701E :tear:

Sounds normal to me. It really also depends on who you're with and whether you try to explain it or not, doesn't it? If they're fans and you try to explain it, they'll get a chuckle out of it. If they have no clue, they'll still get a chuckle out of it, but probably for other reasons. I think I'd probably say the same thing in that situation.

I know what you want to say, cptwright. In our street there is a car which license plate has "JL" in it. Everytime I see it I think about JL = Jean-Luc :tear: :( So I seem to be infected by this trek virus, too :( :lol: :lol:

Last night I sat in front of the computer and was reading and posting on message boards. My mother was sitting behind me, watching TV. And on TV someone said "Jean-Luc" (talked about another person, of course) and I turned around so quickly that I almost fell off the chair :bow: :)

So I know these strange happenings, too :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I know what you want to say, cptwright. In our street there is a car which license plate has "JL" in it. Everytime I see it I think about JL = Jean-Luc  :tear:  :(  So I seem to be infected by this trek virus, too  :lol:  :bow:  :lol:

There are worse viruses to be infected by.

I know this guy at my school named Kirk and I always call him Captain when I see him.

No, you do not have a problem. You made an association, based on a familiar reference. I think we all think about Star Trek every day. And rightfully so! :tear:

No, you dont have any problem cptwright, I have always wanted a VOYAGER mini-van for it's name. I want to take a cruise on the ship VOYAGER OF THE SEAS for the same reason. Once in San Fran, I was three miles from the aircraft carrier ENTERPRISE, I was so bummed out I could not get any closer and at the same time very excited to be able to see it live.

I've been playing a game at a website where you have to find as many words as possible within a time limit (kind of like Boogle or those type of games) and I get sooo disappointed when the game doesn't accept borg or breen but at least it takes Data and Lore. LOL

Oh, you're not strange. It's perfectly normal. It happens to me all of the time. I don't have anything really outstanding to say.

Well... maybe I do. Every time I see a car that says Pathfinder on the back, I immediately think about Voyager and Barclay trying to get it home.

well i guess i dont feel so left out in the rain now. lol. oh and AE, i know about the enterprise thing, i love carriers, everytime im in norfolk and want to tour one, i just missed the tour, or their not having one, and i swear i seen the enterprise in norfolk, or am i really off on that one?

:borg2:

A tour! That would be so, so, so, something! I would be like Picard and Data with the Phoenix, "touching it".

I have only ever heard of the ENT being at "home" in SF but I suppose it could have been at Norfolk for some reason.

I wonder if there is a connection between the ENT (the carrier) and Starfleet headquarters both being based in SF...

I've been playing a game at a website where you have to find as many words as possible within a time limit (kind of like Boogle or those type of games) and I get sooo disappointed when the game doesn't accept borg or breen but at least it takes Data and Lore. LOL

Really? To bad the game doesn't accept those names... (Borg and Breen) :borg2:

Well, back to the thread, in Norway it is the same. It really is a Norwegian word called borg (it is Norwegian for castle)! So each time I see that word, I think about the race called Borg. :borgqueen:

PS.: Not far from there I live, is it a place called Borgheim! I do take the bus to there from time to time. (Heim is Norwegian for home.) :lol: :lol:

;)

Edited by 3 of 7

PS.: Not far from there I live, is it a place called Borgheim! I do take the bus to there from time to time. (Heim is Norwegian for home)

Oh, weird! There's a place near where I live called Borgfeld. And there's a Borgfeld road. And I'm always really careful when I'm driving on it because I'm paranoid that a Borg is going to hop out and assimilate me. Really. I'm glad I don't live there. I'd be living in constant fear! *shivers* But it's really close. I guess some Borg can stray and come here...

*dun dun dun*

PS.: Not far from there I live, is it a place called Borgheim! I do take the bus to there from time to time. (Heim is Norwegian for home)

Oh, weird! There's a place near where I live called Borgfeld. And there's a Borgfeld road. And I'm always really careful when I'm driving on it because I'm paranoid that a Borg is going to hop out and assimilate me. Really. I'm glad I don't live there. I'd be living in constant fear! *shivers* But it's really close. I guess some Borg can stray and come here...

*dun dun dun*

He he, yes you better watch out! :borg2: :lol:

;)