Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Emotional film moments

I'm not an emotional person when it comes to life, usually. But when it comes to movies, I'm very sentimental. I get that from my Dad - the ex-Army, metal machinist farmer. Sing a sappy song, deliver a predictably hurtful line, kill off the obvious good guy, and that's it. I tear up at almost anything like that (except the whole Bambi's-mother thing - that has never bothered me AT ALL).

On the other hand, laughing uproariously - very occasionally. Emotionally high - every time I watch "The Music Man" and the final scene. (See? There's that sentimental streak again.)

The last one I can remember is Titanic. But that didn't bother me until the very last scene.

I'm an emotional fool when it comes to movies (or television). I think the first movie I ever cried at was Snoopy Come Home (original release in the theatres) when I was really, really young. With TNG, I'm always in tears when Lal shuts down or at the end of Dark Pages when Lwaxanna is coming to terms with Kestra's death.

Nemesis was very emotional for as well regarding Data. My mother even cried the first two times she saw the movie.

Stardate:213685.9

For me the first time i saw E.T. was very sad.My mom says i cried for hours.

Funniest would have to be Home Alone and Home Alone 2.

Suspensueful hmmmm i dont know i will have to think about it

I've gotten emotional in a few films. I cried watching "E.T." when the little alien seemed to die. I got a lump in my throat during "Indepedence Day" when the president gave that speech before going out to fight the aliens. I got a little teary eyed in "Star Trek: Search for Spock" when the Enterprise blew up and burned up in the atomosphere. Even in the film "Armageddon" I dropped a tear or two when the little boy looked at the TV and said "Look mommy,its that salesman" and the mother hugged the kid and said " No, thats your father"

On the humorous side I started laughing at the beginning of the film "Animal House" and didn't stop laughing until we were leaving the theatre,Funniest movie I've ever seen!

Edited by Klingonmike

Never really been scared during a film as I have seen worse in real life. The closest I have come to a sad emotional reaction was when I first saw the Enterprise blow up in ST3 and then Bones delivers his poetic line to Kirk.

Bridge on the River Kwai was quite sad when you realise that Sir Alec's character has actually lost sight of his patroitism.

Also, several episodes of the Twilight Zone, especially Walking Distance and Kick the Can.

In the film "The Rescue of Jessica McClure",I got a lump in my throat when they finally managed to get her out of that shaft :tear:

For those who don't know the film,it's a true story about an 18 month old girl who fell 20ft down a abandoned well shaft in her back garden, in Odessa,Texas.

After what was thought of as a simple job,in the end it took all day and night to finally rescue her. :(

It's a great film and one that'll def get a lump in your throat.

I have a lot of emotional moments in films. I cried during almost the entire movie while watching "I am Sam" thats the saddest movie ever. Also "a walk to remember" and "titanic" both are eally sad. and of course, data dying :borg2:

Also, several episodes of the Twilight Zone, especially Walking Distance and Kick the Can.

omg, yes, the end of "kick the can" is sad! I love that epsiode. (I like movies that make me sad, I don't really know why though) I don't really remember walking distance that well, but if someone told me what it was about I would probably remember getting a lump in my throat in that one too.

As for scary movies, sixth sense and the shinning are probably two of the more scarirer movies that I've seen.

I don't really remember walking distance that well, but if someone told me what it was about I would probably remember getting a lump in my throat in that one too.

As for scary movies, sixth sense and the shinning are probably two of the more scarirer movies that I've seen.

Walking Distance was Rod's personal favorite, and I can certainly see why. It is the one when a city executive takes a trip back to his home town to try to relive his youth, however he goes back in time and meets himself and his dad but in the end he realises that he can never really go back as things change.

Criers: "Schindler's List", "Ghost" (only the first time I saw it), and "E.T." (only when I was drunk). :bow:

"Patton" always gives me goosepimples.

The "Rocky" films always give me a nice adrenaline surge. :bow:

While I have seen a lot of funny movies, the only one that made me laugh until I was completely drained was "Airplane". :(

My Wife had a little tear in ghost :bow: when he died, but then started to laugh at Whoopie Goldberg :( and then the part where she handed the cheque over to the nuns :bow: Great Film :(

Criers: "Schindler's List", "Ghost" (only the first time I saw it), and "E.T." (only when I was drunk).  :force:

"Patton" always gives me goosepimples.

The "Rocky" films always give me a nice adrenaline surge.  :)

While I have seen a lot of funny movies, the only one that made me laugh until I was completely drained was "Airplane". :)

Stardate:213704.6

Airplane was the funniest movie ever!!!OMG i love that movie.Every time i see it i laugh so hard i almost pass out cause i cant breath.Especially the part where the use the automatic piolt!! :rofl:

Airplane 2 was great as well(besides the fact that Shatner was in it)I loved the part were Elaine says"Ted the pilots are dead and Simon has turned to jelly!!"then they showed a human size jello mold with Simons clothes.I m laughing right now thinking about it :)