Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Stewart on "Frasier"

Stewart on "Frasier"

Captains Jean-Luc Picard and Morgan Bateson are about to have a reunion of sorts.

Star Trek: The Next Generation's Patrick Stewart this week filmed a guest appearance in an episode of Frasier, the Patrick Stewart Network reported. Frasier stars Emmy Award-winner and Star Trek fan Kelsey Grammer, who popped up in a cameo role as Captain Morgan Bateson in TNG's "Cause and Effect".

Stewart's episode, entitled "The Doctor Is Out", will likely air towards the end of 2003, possibly during the key November sweeps ratings period, when television shows often use big-name guest stars to attract more viewers. The actor will follow in the footsteps of other Trek alumni who have appeared on Frasier, including Brent Spiner (Data), Robert Picardo (the Holodoc) and Rene Auberjonois (Odo).

Frasier, a five-time winner of the Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series, has a number of Trek connections in addition to Grammer's turn as Morgan Bateson. In 1996, Frasier cast members joined Kate Mulgrew in a Star Trek: Voyager parody as part of Star Trek's 30th anniversary celebrations. Executive producer Dan O'Shannon co-wrote the story for Enterprise's Hugo-nominated "Carbon Creek", while former Frasier regular Dan Butler guest-starred in Voyager's "Vis a Vis".

The comedy series, which is now entering its eleventh and likely final season, also features a recurring character, Noel Shempsky, who is an avid Star Trek fan. In the season ten episode "Star Mitzvah" Noel offered to help Frasier prepare his Bar Mitzvah speech in Hebrew in exchange for Scott Bakula's (Jonathan Archer) autograph. When Frasier failed to come up with the goods, Noel taught him to say the speech in Klingon instead.

The original news can be found here at the Patrick Stewart Network

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/060903_03.shtml

I have always liked “Frasier.” It’s a good show.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Stardate:213685.9

I agree.Fraiser is an awsome show.I just got into it last year.I was on UPN waiting for the Mariners game to come on and Fraiser came on because of a rain delay.I liked the episode i saw and have watched it ever since.

I think its cool Stewart will be on Fraiser and im looking forward to that episode

Uhm I must admit I have never watched Frasier :tear:

Maybe because it is on TV at around midnight here (but I am now VERY glad it IS on TV here :( :lol: )...

But of course I will watch it when this episode is on TV!!! Gotta record it immediately!!! :bow: :lol: *runs around*

I hope it will be on TV here one day :( (but if it is, I am definitely ready for it :) )

Mrs. Captain Picard

"Stewart To Come Out On 'Frasier' Next Week"

Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) will appear on Kelsey Grammer's Frasier next week, more than ten years after Grammer appeared on Star Trek: The Next Generation as a fellow captain, Morgan Bateson.

According to press releases linked from The Patrick Stewart Network, Stewart will play the head of the Seattle Opera Guild, Alistair Braithwaite, who erroneously comes to believe that Frasier is gay and begins to court him.

Over the course of the episode, "The Doctor is Out", Frasier enjoys the wealth and distinction associated with Braithwaite and ignores the likelihood that the opera director is romantically interested in him.

Several Frasier characters appeared in the Star Trek: 30 Years and Beyond special in 1996, and the show often pokes fun at science fiction fans. Stewart's Trek co-star Brent Spiner also appeared on Frasier earlier this year, in the episode: "Lilith Needs a Favor."

Grammer's co-stars include John Mahoney, Jane Leeves, David Hyde Pierce and Peri Gilpin.

Stewart's episode of Frasier will air next Tuesday, September 30th, on NBC at 9 p.m. Eastern Time.

For more information, visit The Patrick Stewart Network.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/250903_05.shtml

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Other 'Frasier' News

Frasier star Kelsey Grammer, who played Captain Morgan Bateson in TNG's "Cause and Effect" is contemplating a senatorial campaign, according to the New York Post. Thanks to Lance for this!

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/250903_02.shtml

New York Post Article:

COULD BE SENATOR 'FRASIER'

By DON KAPLAN

September 24, 2003 -- Move over Arnold Schwarzenegger. Kelsey Grammer, another Hollywood Republican, has serious political ambitions - in the Senate.

Grammer, 48, who plays radio-shrink Frasier Crane on the long-running NBC comedy "Frasier," said he's interested in running for office.

"I haven't laid out any plans yet, but possibly senator," Grammer said Monday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes."

Grammer, a registered Republican, is a longtime resident of California.

"The truth is, I would like to get to a place where I could do the most good for the greatest number of people."

Grammer said he would "probably run as a Republican" and considers himself "a centrist, but I basically believe in trying to preserve as much opportunity for the individual, as long as the individual chooses to work as hard as he can."

Any run would come sometime after his show goes off the air next spring at the end of its 10th season.

--NYPost http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/40578.htm

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

September 30 has a new episode of Frasier on NBC with Patrick Stewart guesting as the conductor of the Seattle Opera who is interested in more than a friendship with Frasier. Here's a link for more information:

Patrick Stewart on Frasier

Edited by Takara_Soong

CJLP, have you ever seen the movie "Jeffrey"? In that movie Patrick plays a gay character, too. He does it very well, I must say :dude:

He once said that this role was one of his best ones :dude:

I am still very sad that I won't be able to watch Frasier :laugh::dude:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Edited by Mrs.Picard

He was great on the show, the role was really well written and Patrick Stewart is such a good actor he pulled it off really well.