Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Man Arrested For Drunk Driving A Motorized Cooler

post-1043-1212763448.jpg

Man Arrested for Drunk Driving a Motorized Cooler

by Terrence O'Brien, posted Jun 5th 2008 at 10:22AM

Here's a piece of advice for our readers: Don't get behind the wheel or handlebars of anything motorized if you're intoxicated, whether it's a car, a scooter, Power Wheel, or even a cooler. It's dangerous, and most likely illegal.

Leslie J. "Bomber" Marr learned this the hard way when he was arrested on Memorial Day in Whitehall, NY and charged with DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle after police saw him swerving around the streets and driving on the sidewalk... on a cooler. Marr was driving around town on a Cruizin Cooler, which puts a seat on top of a three-wheeled cooler and attaches an electric motor similar to those found on electric scooters. It even has a hatch so you can pull out a icy cold drink while driving. The hatch also has a cup/can holder on top, suggesting that this sort of activity is exactly what the designers had in mind.

Under state law, the cooler is still considered a motor vehicle so sobriety is a must, and a license is highly recommended. [source: Post Star]

I've gotta get me one of these!....... :biggrin:

Its not a bad deal. They range from $299 to $599. I just might order me one!

this would be great for when i go to conventions lol

I sense possible disaster: Potential news story:

Star Trek fan injures TOS cast

A Star Trek fan, who allegedly had been downing "Warp Core Breach"es, at a convention watering hole, today crashed into original cast members Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig, after his motorized cooler went out of control and crashed into their autograph table. Both stars are being treated, the fan was taken at warp speed to the local brig.

:congrats:

Edited by trekz