Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

New interview by Braga--holy moly! (spoilers)

General, non-specific spoilers at any rate. This was posted Sept. 1 at scifipulse.net. Braga isn't spouting the "we are very pleased" company line anymore. He actually goes so far as to call one episode a disaster. It's gratifying to read that TPTB have comprehended just what a skilled actor they have in Billingsley and to read about the new, weird wonderful stuff coming up. Sounds like we might have some genuine science fiction on our hands. It also sounds like TPTB have grasped that Archer/T'Pol as a romantic couple is not the way to go. YEA!!!!!!! :clap: Different directions that should have been pursued in the first place may be afoot, if you catch my drift. Here's the link

http://scifipulse.net/Trek%20Archive/Septe...More_Hints.html

Season three sounds really promising! I've been re-watching the first season again and it seems like they did a lot more with Trip and T'Pol in it then they did season 2. I'm interested to see how they will develope.

^Yes, they did have a spark didn't they, Tank? I loved their conversation in "Breaking The Ice" about her leaving or staying, and the looks they exchanged when Daniels walked right through that bulkhead in "Cold Front." They just clicked. The T/T'P interaction doesn't even necessarily have to become romantic to generate interest, but spoilers from the first few eps indicate that T'Pol does help him deal with debilitating nightmares about Lizzie. Trip seems a loyal, loving type of person. If a bond is formed because he's genuinely appreciative of her help (as opposed to him waking up one day and suddenly realizing that "hey, the Vulcan has big knockers; I must have her) then we've got something interesting happening. On one side there is T'Pol, who will encourage restraint against the Xindi in spite of Trip's desire for revenge and on the other is Trip's dear friend Jonathan Archer, who seems willing to indulge his desire for revenge. An "angel" on one shoulder, a "devil" on the other. Reconnecting Trip and T'Pol creates a very, VERY fascinating three way dynamic between AT&T which will drive story, IMHO. If there happens to develop a little sexual tension between Trip and T'Pol along the way--would that be so terrible? :devil: Skin within the context of plausible story is quite all right with this viewer. :clap:

Sorry, Unicorn Hunter. :dude: I know you don't favor the idea but that is rather fantastic news about Phlox. John Billingsley is the underrated gem of the cast. Phlox, with his psychiatric degrees, could legitimately get into everyone's business. Me like.

I'm Just curious - this is just a TV show - but in real life would those of you who favor a Trip/T'Pol relationship wish a female like that on a male friend or relative? I don't mean for sack time - I mean for a relationship. I might wish her on a an old boyfriend :clap:

Oh I don't know. T'Pol has proven herself to be courageous and intensely loyal. A man could do worse. :clap: She most likely wouldn't have a fit if he forgot her birthday and still waters supposedly run deep. I imagine that behind closed doors T'Pol might be a real wildcat. :devil:

MR, we'll never agree with the Trip/T'Pol set up. So we better call a truce. You've proven very insightful on other issues so maybe you will get the depth you're hoping for this season. I remain skeptical.

IMO, T'Pol is an arrogant, condescending uber b!#@h, who criticizes every flaw and alerts you to your inferiority at every opportunity. I'd pity anyone who had to live like that. (except that old boyfriend) :clap:

I'm Just curious - this is just a TV show - but in real life would those of you who favor a Trip/T'Pol relationship wish a female like that on a male friend or relative?  I don't mean for sack time - I mean for a relationship.  I might wish her on a an old boyfriend :tear:

I would certainly think a friend or relative would be very lucky to have a girlfriend like T'Pol,very attractive and very smart. I wish I could find such a lady.

yes i do beleive looks aside, someone could do much worse than t'pol. she is show a sid of her that seems to be somewhat open to warmth. i think it could work as well. then of course you add how GREAT she looks, and im sure one could do much worse than t'pol.

Well I have known guys who thought good sex was the only thing necessary for a good relationship. So I'm not surprised there are men that would be happy to hook up with T'Pol because of her hot bod. Personally I wouldn't want a relationship with someone who considered me an inferior being no matter how good looking he was - or how much money he had.