Sign in to follow this  
rob39874

Banner help

We like to keep the banner signatures to under 250 pixel high and 450 pixels wide so that is a starting point. If you have image editing software such as Photoshop, Paint Shop or even just Microsoft Paint you can create a signature banner. You need to decide what style of banner you want, a theme to the banner (person, series, ship, etc) and then choose the images you want (for Trek pictures there are sites like Trek Core - http://www.trekcore.com/ - that have screencaps from many of the series that can be saved to your computer). You will need to re-size photos or edit them to fit in the signature banner and then be creative. Or, if you would like someone else to make a signature banner for you there are a number of people here who make them, including myself.

As for adding them to your signature, you need to have the signature banner hosted on the internet. Then you go to "My Controls". In the Menu area, under "Personal Profile" and click on "Edit Signature". The screen that comes up has a posting box just like the one you get when you make a post on the boards. Click on the "Insert Image" icon to add the signature banner's URL and then click on "Update My Signature". You may want to center it in your signature first though but that's up to you.

Rob, if you need a banner, just PM me some pics and a saying and I'll whip you up something!

(my work is in my sig line, if you'd like to see the kind of stuff I do)