Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Discovery Launch

I would love to see a launch up close but they don't allow that anymore - someday maybe I'll drive down to watch across the inland waterway. As it is I got a brief 2 second glimpse of it arcing across the sky.

Not only are they taking the Japanese lab - they're taking plumbing repairs.

I would love to see a launch up close but they don't allow that anymore - someday maybe I'll drive down to watch across the inland waterway. As it is I got a brief 2 second glimpse of it arcing across the sky.

They don't have public viewings anymore?

They don't have public viewings anymore?

They do, you just can't get as close as you could with launches like you could with Apollo and previous ones, due to security issues.

After 9-11-2001 they moved back the perimeter of where you can park to watch. Apparently there are a limited number of launch tickets you can purchase but I can only speculate what that would cost.

After 9-11-2001 they moved back the perimeter of where you can park to watch. Apparently there are a limited number of launch tickets you can purchase but I can only speculate what that would cost.

:blink: I wonder if I could get a press pass to cover a launch for our family of web sites...

:blink: I wonder if I could get a press pass to cover a launch for our family of web sites...

And then could we all come as family members of the website Press?

These are my sisters - takara, rickerchick, unicorn hunter .. what, ...no she's not going to be hunting while at the space center.

These are my brothers - Dillard, trekz, Mr Psychic, Kor ... what, ... no not psycho, psychic ...

What do you mean, move to the special security screening area! :laugh: