Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Florida Man Gets Ticket For Wearing Speedo

Can you get a ticket for wearing a Speedo?

| Posted May 13th 2008 9:31AM by Josh Loposer

Filed under: Style in the media, Sporty wear, Swimwear

Wearing a Speedo on a public beach might be a crime against fashion and tastefulness, but should it really be a ticketable offense?

Apparently, some sheriff's deputy in Florida thinks so. Here's the story: Speedo enthusiast and Bonita Beach icon 'Beach Bob' is lying in his lawn chair reading like he has every day for the last few years when the deputy walks up and gives him a ticket for trespassing -- and kicks him off the beach because his swimsuit is 'over the line.'

B) :flowers::flowers:

No man should ever wear a speedo...ever. B)

i agree....and to this day i still make fun of a couple of my high school friends because that had to wear one during swim class lol

I dunno you guys...its supposed to be a free country, isn't it? So you're free not to look. It may be disgusting, but that's his decision. God, they let Cher and M.Jackson even get paid to be looked at! What about gay parades where they prance around practically naked? I don't have a problem with that either, but its exactly the same thing. Their choice, their decision. A free country is still a free country and that officer should be ashamed: his taste should not interfer with his upholding the law. What next? Are they going to start giving tickets to star trek fans because they think dressing up as a klingon is ridiculous? :laugh:

For what's worth - this happened a couple of years ago and the case was dismissed - and Beach Bob is now planning a civil suit against the Sheriff's Dept.

A free country is still a free country and that officer should be ashamed: his taste should not interfer with his upholding the law.

Actually, there are laws against public indecency - those represent the will of the people - not just one individuals whims. According to the officer Beach Bob exposed his scrotum and had been warned on prior occasions not to do so. He admits to rolling down the speedo on occasion.

And "free country" never meant you can do what you want regardless of the consequences to others. The minor restrictions of being modest in public are relatively small compared to the greater benefit to society as a whole. And part of that public interest is protecting children - and believe me if it's out there - they're going to look at it.